ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary in bank statement differs by 0.18 pence with the payl

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s4shiva
Newly Registered

Salary in bank statement differs by 0.18 pence with the payl

Post by s4shiva » Fri May 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi

There is a difference of 0.18 pence net sal in payslip and bank statemt.
I am going for a PEO tier1 G extension. My umberlla company has provided a letter stating that its a payroll admin data entry error is it suffice to convince the caseworker.
Will they reject for 0.18 pence???

Please advice

s4shiva
Newly Registered

Post by s4shiva » Fri May 04, 2012 5:17 pm

The 0.18 difference is only for one month

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Fri May 04, 2012 5:32 pm

In my opinion, this should not be an issue as long as it has been clarified through the letter from employer.

s4shiva
Newly Registered

Post by s4shiva » Fri May 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply. Anyone else has faced similar experience??

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Fri May 04, 2012 6:37 pm

shahjee11 wrote:In my opinion, this should not be an issue as long as it has been clarified through the letter from employer.
Completely agree with this.
And I would say it is a MUST, as I remember one of the fellow forum member had his application rejected by a difference of 15p between salary slip and bank statement.

Just get a letter from employer to cover that difference that should do.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

s4shiva
Newly Registered

Post by s4shiva » Fri May 04, 2012 7:11 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I have got the letter from the umberlla company stating the difference as an payroll admin data entry error

But still if the case worker reject it.. I can get enough salary by next month.. Can i apply next month
or i need to appeal this current rejection and cannot count the next month sal??

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri May 04, 2012 9:50 pm

The Tier 1 guidance for Previous Earnings states that points can be claimed for any single consecutive 12 month period from the 15 months immediately before your application. So the way I interpret this is, that if you are claiming points for 12 months of earnings then they need to be consecutive. Therefore skipping one month in-between and using the next months pay towards your earnings will not be a valid option.

If the error was made in any of the last 3 payslips then you could consider changing your earnings period to the 12 months ending the month before this error occured which takes into account the 15 month rule mentioned above.

However as suggested by fellow forum members I too would stick with a letter from your employer. As you will be going for a PEO appointment, you have the opportunity to explain if questioned by the CW as well.

tier1HS
Newly Registered

hi

Post by tier1HS » Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm

cs95tdg wrote:The Tier 1 guidance for Previous Earnings states that points can be claimed for any single consecutive 12 month period from the 15 months immediately before your application. So the way I interpret this is, that if you are claiming points for 12 months of earnings then they need to be consecutive. Therefore skipping one month in-between and using the next months pay towards your earnings will not be a valid option.

If the error was made in any of the last 3 payslips then you could consider changing your earnings period to the 12 months ending the month before this error occured which takes into account the 15 month rule mentioned above.

However as suggested by fellow forum members I too would stick with a letter from your employer. As you will be going for a PEO appointment, you have the opportunity to explain if questioned by the CW as well.
The point mentioned about 12 consecutive months is wrongly interpreted. One needs to show earnings within 12 months. If there is a gap in between, 2 earnings that is not a problem.

I have recently got my tier 1 renewed, showing earnings from April 2011 to February 2012 and no earning for July 2011

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: hi

Post by cs95tdg » Tue May 08, 2012 2:29 pm

tier1HS wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:The Tier 1 guidance for Previous Earnings states that points can be claimed for any single consecutive 12 month period from the 15 months immediately before your application. So the way I interpret this is, that if you are claiming points for 12 months of earnings then they need to be consecutive. Therefore skipping one month in-between and using the next months pay towards your earnings will not be a valid option.

The point mentioned about 12 consecutive months is wrongly interpreted. One needs to show earnings within 12 months. If there is a gap in between, 2 earnings that is not a problem.

I have recently got my tier 1 renewed, showing earnings from April 2011 to February 2012 and no earning for July 2011
In the example you have given you have in essence claimed points for earnings for 10 months (Apr 11 - Feb 12, excluding Jul). I assume your earnings for those 10 months was sufficient for the points you required?

But from what I understand, the above case is different. If someone needed the total 12 months earnings to be considered to gain the points required then they would need to apply with Apr 11 - Mar 12 earnings. And then, if they thought there was a problem with the last payslip (Mar 12) and tried to substitute that with the payslip for Apr 12 they won't be able to claim points for the earnings in Apr 11, as that would be a 13 month period and not a 12 month period.

In summary you could skip claiming points for earnings made within a consecutive 12 month period but that would mean the total income you are claiming points for would reduce. This may not be a problem for someone with a high income but will be a problem for someone who requires the total 12 months income to gain the points they require.
Last edited by cs95tdg on Tue May 08, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Tue May 08, 2012 2:30 pm

The maximum period that you can consider is 12 months.
Within that period if you have skipped a Salary slip then that is fine.

But you cannot spread your earnings beyond 12 consecutive months like below.

Jan 11 to Oct 11 and then Feb 12 - Mar 12.
Even though they fall within 15 month period only one combination from the below will be considered by UKBA.
i.e. Jan 11 - Dec 11
OR
Apr 11 - Mar 12 (I think this will be considered)

agesteven
Newly Registered

Post by agesteven » Tue May 08, 2012 3:00 pm

can salary claimed ranging from 6th May 2011 to 4th May 2012 be considered as 12 months salary?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue May 08, 2012 3:12 pm

agesteven wrote:can salary claimed ranging from 6th May 2011 to 4th May 2012 be considered as 12 months salary?
Generally speaking when claiming points for earnings a month is considered to be a calendar month. In your case, as long as you have payslips for the months you want to claim earnings for (I'm guessing this to be May 2011 to April 2012? Or is there something complicated in the way you are paid?) I don't see a problem with the date range you've mentioned.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Tue May 08, 2012 3:49 pm

agesteven wrote:can salary claimed ranging from 6th May 2011 to 4th May 2012 be considered as 12 months salary?
Yes any dates can be considered which spans over 12 months.
Just ensure that your salary in last Salary slip is paid to you for the date you are claiming.
i.e. for 4th May 2012 to be considered, your last salary slip should cover the period from 5th May, 12 - 4th May, 12.

You can't say that based upon pro-rata basis that I earned 1800 GBP in April, so I will earn 240 GBP till 4th May. You need to provide proof of earning backed by 2 sources.