ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA not accepted for proof of work eligibility..

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Giffnock77
Newly Registered

COA not accepted for proof of work eligibility..

Post by Giffnock77 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks to inventors of this board. It has been extremely useful. I need direction or guidance with an issue I am having. My contract for work terminated in January of this year shortly before my EEA Family Permit expired. Shortly after that I immediately submitted my EEA 2 for my RC. Please see below. I received the COA within a reasonable time period and have been using this to apply for jobs. I successfully completed two interview process and got accepted for both positions but when I produced the COA for eligibility for employment in UK, I was advised by both prospective employers that they need my actual passport with the RC. This is frustrating given the fact my COA allows me to work. The good news is that one of the employer has confirmed job placement with the company once I can produce the RC. I have emailed the Home Office regarding this and query of my RC and was advised that they will forward my query to the appropriate team. This has been a week now and no response. If anyone has guidance or direction has to how to deal with this, please let me know. It's much inconvenience and it's difficult to proof to an employer your eligibility with just a piece of letter. I somehow wish the Home Office followed the same guidelines like the States offering an employment authorisation card during the process - this would alleviate these situations. Thanks in advance for your guidance. :)

EEA2 mailed: 27/01/2012
Received by HO: 31/01/2012
COA Received: 17/02/2012
RC Received: ????

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: COA not accepted for proof of work eligibility..

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Giffnock77 wrote:I received the COA within a reasonable time period and have been using this to apply for jobs. I successfully completed two interview process and got accepted for both positions but when I produced the COA for eligibility for employment in UK, I was advised by both prospective employers that they need my actual passport with the RC. This is frustrating given the fact my COA allows me to work.
Vinny provided a wonderful link to some case law in the past. I can't locate it just now.

You are in a slightly tricky situation in that you don't actually have a job yet. The employers are afraid of falling foul of UKBA fines. In your case you don't come under the legislation that mandates a fine (but your prospective employer may not know that).

There is guidance for employers available on UKBA's website that describes what to do with a COA. I'll look it up for you.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 04, 2012 10:52 pm

Giffnock77
Newly Registered

Post by Giffnock77 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:01 pm

Thanks for the information. I will forward this to HR and advise them to utilise the email provided for employment verification. On the COA, it only provides a Employer Checking Service phone number - this number is futile. It's just a voice message that does not give the recruiter the option to send a query via email. I will let you guys know the outcome. Thanks again.. :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Giffnock77 wrote:
Thanks for the information. I will forward this to HR and advise them to utilise the email provided for employment verification. On the COA, it only provides a Employer Checking Service phone number - this number is futile. It's just a voice message that does not give the recruiter the option to send a query via email. I will let you guys know the outcome. Thanks again.. :)
If you fail to secure a position as a result of UKBA incompetence, don't be afraid to sue them. As an EU family member you have a right to be able to secure employment by law.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri May 04, 2012 11:13 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote: Vinny provided a wonderful link to some case law in the past. I can't locate it just now.
vinny wrote:See also Sponsors, paranoia and unfair dismissal.

Start proceedings for compensation from the UKBA for the delay of over six months.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Thanks Jambo, could not locate it at the time.

Giffnock77
Newly Registered

Post by Giffnock77 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:49 pm

Giffnock77 wrote:Thanks to inventors of this board. It has been extremely useful. I need direction or guidance with an issue I am having. My contract for work terminated in January of this year shortly before my EEA Family Permit expired. Shortly after that I immediately submitted my EEA 2 for my RC. Please see below. I received the COA within a reasonable time period and have been using this to apply for jobs. I successfully completed two interview process and got accepted for both positions but when I produced the COA for eligibility for employment in UK, I was advised by both prospective employers that they need my actual passport with the RC. This is frustrating given the fact my COA allows me to work. The good news is that one of the employer has confirmed job placement with the company once I can produce the RC. I have emailed the Home Office regarding this and query of my RC and was advised that they will forward my query to the appropriate team. This has been a week now and no response. If anyone has guidance or direction has to how to deal with this, please let me know. It's much inconvenience and it's difficult to proof to an employer your eligibility with just a piece of letter. I somehow wish the Home Office followed the same guidelines like the States offering an employment authorisation card during the process - this would alleviate these situations. Thanks in advance for your guidance. :)

EEA2 mailed: 27/01/2012
Received by HO: 31/01/2012
COA Received: 17/02/2012
RC Received: ????
I received my RC back today along with my passport. I guess notifying them with a detailed letter expressing the COA was not effective in allowing me to gain employment worked. RC was stamped the day after I sent my email to them. Thanks for all your help.