ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success on 5th May PEO Appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

handeesmurf
Newly Registered

ILR Success on 5th May PEO Appointment

Post by handeesmurf » Sat May 05, 2012 10:21 am

Ok Guys

Now its time to share my experience at PEO

I was on work permit for last 5 year with one company (no switching from WP to Tier 1)

I have appointment booked for myself and wife on 5th May @11:00. I've reached at Liverpool PEO around 9ish , after initial security check we got in.

9:15 - Token issued
9:20 - Payment deducted
9:58 - Case worked assigned
10:25- Biometric done
11:05- ILR granted

My experience was quite good. I found very professional and friendly staff and I personally think it depends how you behave. When I got to the case worker she told me about the IT issue they are experiencing so don't worry if takes bit longer and I told her that I heard about this thing happening in Croydon PEO (we all blame dell and Microsoft lolz....) and then she started with documents

1. SET(0) (which she check carefully)
2. Life in UK test
3. Employer Letter (she did check no of day out of UK which in my case 25 day out of UK in year 2008)
4. 3 x Salary Slips + p60 for last year
5. 3 x Bank statement (we had some joke about my banks statement was very long)
6. I have 4 folders (proper organised by year) of cohabitational document she see look initially and then she doesn't want it.

and then ask me to wait after checking everything carefully she was happy with all documents and granted me ILR

So she said that I will receive my Biometric card in next 5 -10 working days and enjoy your long bank holiday......

WHAT I WAS NOT HAPPY ABOUT

1) The letter she had given me has more detail about Biometric card like what to expect next and what would I do if I don't receive my Biometric card in next 5-10 working days and where to email about, other pages explaining what does ILR mean and what it involves ........

2) Guys going to appointments, please dress up properly at least not smell [Moderator Edit] and don't try to be over smart. But must be well aware and prepare.

WHAT I AM HAPPY ABOUT

1) Although my appointment was booked for 11:00 but they see me early its was not busy at that time.

2) Staff was freindly, professional and they check very bit of your application very carefully

Thanks all of you on this forum

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Sun May 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Congrats handeesmurf and thanks for sharing your success story !

nirmal_kishore

well done

Post by nirmal_kishore » Sun May 06, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi handeesmurf

Firstly congratulations on getting your ILR.
I am surprised (pleasantly ofcourse) that you got it using such minimal documentation. Payslips particularly -- 3 months? And did the Caseworker ask for more at all?
I am about to go to PEO Sheffield on the 9th and considering postponing as my payslips from last year have a mismatch in terms of net pay vs amount credited in the bank. Given your success with just 3 payslips, I wonder if I should be providing all 12 months payslips as most forum members seem to have done.

Other members and moderators - can you please comment as well?

thanks
Nirmal

handeesmurf
Newly Registered

Post by handeesmurf » Sun May 06, 2012 4:20 pm

Thanks all of you

I have all of my 5 years salary slips (I think I probably 1 or 2 missing) and P60 handy. 3 months salary slips + bank statements is minimum requirement for work permit holders and I am not sure about other Tiers.

My case worker asked me recent P60 which I've provided as well with my 3 months salary slips.

If you have mismatch regarding your net pay VS amount credit then you should ask your account dept. to clarify this on company letter head for home office.

Advice : Don't confuse them with too many documents, if there's any error from account dept. you must have justification letter in your hand and provide them when question by case worker...........

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun May 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Congrats handeesmurf & thank you for sharing your experience!

nirmal_kishore, As handeesmurf has mentioned the evidence required for your ILR application will vary depending on your current immigration status and what route you are applying for ILR under.

For instance if you are currently a Tier 1 General Migrant then you will need to provide evidence of income from two seperate sources (E.g. payslips/p60 & bank statements) for the period (E.g. 12 consecutive months within the 15 months prior to your application) you are claiming points for.

nirmal_kishore

thanks

Post by nirmal_kishore » Sun May 06, 2012 7:25 pm

Thanks for the responses. I am a Tier 1 migrant operating a Ltd company, so I guess I have to submit all 12 months of payslips.
I do my own payroll, which means I'd have certify myself the reason for the discrepancy. This is what I am unsure of i.e. can I be the one certifying or should it be a 3rd party i.e. an accountant?

LONDONNER
Newly Registered

Post by LONDONNER » Sun May 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi Handeesmurf.

Congratulations on obtaining your ILR.

My work permit expires in less than three months, and I'd like to apply for my ILR via the PEO. However, I'm struggling to find available appointment dates on their system.

Did you also find it difficult to find appointment dates? When did you start looking for available appointments? Did you use the internet to find dates, or did you call them up as well?

sukesh
Newly Registered

Post by sukesh » Mon May 14, 2012 11:46 am

Hi Londonner,

If you want to book a date after 3 months ,dates will only available before 42 days only. for example if you take today's date i.e. 14th May the online website will update the slots for the date 24th of June which is 42 days from today's date.
You also need to check the website at night 12 AM and keep on refreshing, then you can see the new dates available for the date which will be 42 days from the current date.

Thanks..

LONDONNER
Newly Registered

Post by LONDONNER » Mon May 14, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks Sukesh!

handeesmurf
Newly Registered

Post by handeesmurf » Mon May 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi londonner
Same thing happened with me And i got confused like you but Sukesh is correct.
But don,t forget get date and try after mid-night

Good luck!
Regards

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Congrats handeesmurf.
Thanks for the headsup about the dressing sense. You are right, its something we tend to ignore; but it does count eventually.

Question:
You said, she checked the number of days outside UK.
Exactly how did she do this check:
1. Looked at your Excel Sheet Document of Absences ONLY.
2. Looked at your Excel Sheet Document of Absences and cross checked with your passport?
3. Crossed checked it with her database on computer?

Mohit