ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP approval after HSMP whereas HSMP Visa after WP-> HSMP?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neo
Newly Registered

WP approval after HSMP whereas HSMP Visa after WP-> HSMP?

Post by neo » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:08 pm

Sorry it looks like a multiple post, I ask similar question in HSMP forum before. But forgive me because I really want to make sure and it is very important for my decision.

I got HSMP approval last month and plan to appy Visa. My current work permit will expire in January of 2007, I was told by Human Resource department that they would have my WP extended in October. However, I don't want my employer to know my HSMP at this time.

I'm thinking of a scene to avoid the problem:
1) Agree to extend WP and get FLR under WP in October.
2) Apply FLR under HSMP after WP in December, normally it will cancel the existing WP

I'm not very sure about the arrangement and want to ask for ideas from senior membors who have better understanding on the policies. The two concerns are:
1) the WP approval letter will be later than HSMP, does it have impact to the HSMP approval I already got?
2) the new WP FLR will take effect from next January to another 2 years although the issue date will be in October. Can the HSMP FLR I get in December cancel the new WP visa, in despite of the latter effective date?

It's a technical question and looks like a puzzle. Hope someone give advice. Great Thanks.

first2last4

Re: WP approval after HSMP whereas HSMP Visa after WP-> H

Post by first2last4 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:24 pm

neo wrote:1) the WP approval letter will be later than HSMP, does it have impact to the HSMP approval I already got?
I think the latest approval overrides any previous approval letters. Effectively your HSMP approval may become invalidate once you get your WP approval.

Please check more with senior members.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

neo
Newly Registered

Post by neo » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:46 pm

Thanks First2last4. But I got different reply said they are unrelated valid documents. The WP extension documents dont cross out HSMP approval simply because they are not visa extensions. The new visa will always supercede old visa, but approval document dosent.
Hope someone give me a sure answer.