ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help me regarding HSMP process

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sathyas249
Newly Registered

Help me regarding HSMP process

Post by sathyas249 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:10 pm

Can any one please help me. I am on a WP from an Indian company in UK. I am planning to go for HSMP. My points are as follows:

5 points for being under 28
25 points for your qualification
35 points for work experience
65 total points

1. For under 28 should I submit the DOB certificate?
2. For experience points what and all I should submit as I have 2 & half years of experience after my post graduation and 1 & half years of experience after my 10 +2 before joining to college?

Please help me as i am planning to apply in the month of november.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:57 pm

Hi there,

If you plan to apply in November, you have enough time to read through the documents on this page - http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... rguidance/.
You will find answers to your queries here and also some very useful information.

regards

sathyas249
Newly Registered

Thanks sushdmehta

Post by sathyas249 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:06 pm

I have got some invaluable information.

I can go for 35 points in experience field but there in the above mentioned url i am a bit confused that they have mentioned a lot of designations for IT fields and my designation is not mentioned in the url.

When i joined to the company i worked as a Game testing engineer and then AV&V engineer and then V&V engineer. But these are all not mentioned in the url.

Can you please help me.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:35 pm

Hi,

The list in the caseworker manual are not exhaustive, so don't worry about your designation not being on that list.

What is important is the role (& responsibilities) mentioned in your reference letters. That is what the caseworkers look at rather than the designation(s). As long as caseworker is convinced that the responsibilites are graduate level (i.e.- can be done only if you have graduate level qualifications), he/she will give you points.

regards

sathyas249
Newly Registered

Thanks Sushdmehta....

Post by sathyas249 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:27 am

Thanks for your information...with this can you please clarify me one more doubt.

After my 10 +2 and before my bachelors degree i have 1 year experience in IT field as a graduate level.
Will this be considered as 1 year experience.

sathyas249
Newly Registered

Post by sathyas249 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:48 pm

Do anyone please help me for the above information

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:07 pm

Theoretically - As long as it can be proved beyond doubt that it was "graduate level" experience, then yes it can be counted even though you did not have a degree in hand then.

Practically - difficult to prove that you had necessary "graduate level" skills before completing your graduate degree.

The guidance notes do mention that - "The applicant does not necessarily have to hold a degree to be awarded the points. It is more about whether the post held would normally require a degree level of experience / knowledge".

So if you can prove it, you should be given the points !!

regards