ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does my course is recognised as PG course in NARIC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sathyas249
Newly Registered

Does my course is recognised as PG course in NARIC

Post by sathyas249 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:00 pm

Could anyone please help me know before applying for NARIC stamp:

I have MSc graduation from Periyar University from Tamilnadu, India, which is an Integrated 5 years course after 10 +2.

Please help me know whether this course is considered as a PG equivalent course in NARIC, UK

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:06 pm

Only a graduate from the same university AND an HSMP aspirant / beneficiary may be able to shed light on this.

Best place to check is NARIC http://www.naric.org.uk

regards

sathyas249
Newly Registered

Thanks sushdmehta

Post by sathyas249 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:57 am

I need some more information as i cannot check it through online and i have gone through the website and i hope i have to apply online or post and then i can get the information or even the NARIC certificate itself.

Is there any other solution for this...

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:06 am

Hi Sathyas249,

You're right !! With NARIC, you need to pay in advance and send photocopies of your degree(s) & transcripts that you want evaluated. NARIC will issue you a letter of comparability which is enough for HSMP purposes. You can pay online or through other means as advised on the website. It will cost you about GBP 30-36, and if you wish you can include multiple degrees in the same application.

No need for a certificate.

As I said before, only a graduate from the same university AND who's either been successful or is applying for HSMP may be able to shed light on this.

regards

sathyas249
Newly Registered

Post by sathyas249 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:29 am

Thanks for your Information.

I will apply for NARIC.

Thanks

vijier
Newly Registered

Post by vijier » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:19 pm

hi sathya,
could you please tell me the outcome of your application? I DID my MSc in Bharathiyar and will know for sure if its been recognised from your status.
Many thanks

sathyas249
Newly Registered

Post by sathyas249 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:30 pm

Hi vijier

Sorry of telling you that i still haven't applied for this as i have been to India for the past few weeks and when i came here to apply for this i saw that there is a change in HSMP rules and its disgusting for me as i have to get some more papers from India...Planning to do it once when i get some more papers...let me know if urs is qualified or not if u will apply?