ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I applied for tier 4 student visa and was denied

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jumpup43
Newly Registered

Post by jumpup43 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:04 pm

I applied for tier 4 student visa and was denied on the ground of insufficient fund in my account, but I was given the right to appeal? I want to appeal and used d opportunity to raise the fund for 28 days and make a fresh application. Is that possible? I applied 24th Jan,2012 and my VISA expired 27th Jan 2012. I am applying for my wife and myself (£11250 is what I am to have in the account for 28 days) pls what is ur advice?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue May 08, 2012 5:10 pm

If you appeal, you do so on the basis of the conditions that existed at the time of the decision rather than the conditions that exist now. If you did not have sufficient funds at the time of the decision to refuse, then having sufficient funds now will not overturn that refusal.

If you have made a new application after you current leave expired, you will have done so without having extant leave, and that may have consequences if you are claiming to have an established presence in the UK.

jumpup43
Newly Registered

Post by jumpup43 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Pls I want to know if it will be possibly to make an appeal, then put in a fresh application

mrmuez

Post by mrmuez » Tue May 08, 2012 7:49 pm

which cntry u applied from ?

jumpup43
Newly Registered

Post by jumpup43 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:53 pm

I am in the UK

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue May 08, 2012 9:06 pm

There is no point appealing if you did not have the required funds at the time you applied. Furthermore, you would have to withdraw the appeal if you made a new application. If you make a new application after your leave has expired......see post above.

travelvisamanila
Newly Registered

Re: I applied for tier 4 student visa and was denied

Post by travelvisamanila » Thu May 10, 2012 5:03 am

jumpup43 wrote:I applied for tier 4 student visa and was denied on the ground of insufficient fund in my account, but I was given the right to appeal? I want to appeal and used d opportunity to raise the fund for 28 days and make a fresh application. Is that possible? I applied 24th Jan,2012 and my VISA expired 27th Jan 2012. I am applying for my wife and myself (£11250 is what I am to have in the account for 28 days) pls what is ur advice?
Before you reapply, make sure that the reason for your visa denial has been changed and such change is sufficient to overcome the prior refusal. Student Visa requires an applicant to have sufficient money from his/her bank account for the whole duration of your planned course.

jumpup43
Newly Registered

Post by jumpup43 » Thu May 10, 2012 7:57 am

@travelvisamanila
Thanks, but I don't understand what u mean by 'make sure that the reason for your visa denial has been changed and such change is sufficient to overcome the prior refusal' because I was denied bcos of insufficient fund, so if I have d fund now while my appeal is on, can I re-apply?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 10, 2012 9:08 am

Note also that overstayers cannot claim established presence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jumpup43
Newly Registered

Post by jumpup43 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:25 am

Thanks, Vinny, but I don't what u mean by overstayers because my visa expired after I made my application and it was denied on the ground of insufficient funds, and I was given right of appeal, so now I hv not overstayed. Pls explain so that I will be on the right track

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu May 10, 2012 10:14 am

You are not an overstayer for an appeal, but to make a new application you will need to withdraw the appeal, and you will not have valid leave when you make that application. That, in itself, is okay, but it will affect the maintenance as you can't claim reduced fees for established presence.

jumpup43
Newly Registered

Post by jumpup43 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks very much Lucapooka
So I after making the appeal, I will withdraw the appeal the day I will be making the fresh application.