ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother's visa rejected. Is there an other way?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ishameeque

Mother's visa rejected. Is there an other way?

Post by ishameeque » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:55 am

Hi
My mother applied for a six months visit visa at Chennai, India to come and visit me. But her visa was rejected based on the following facts.

1.Both her children, that is, me and my sister are settled in the UK.
2.My father is no more and she has no one to go back to except a few relatives like my aunts. They are all living togother.
3.Altough she has a bank deposits, that was not taken into account.

Is there anyother type of visa which she can apply that will enable her to visit me?. Or, is it just the case that she can never come to the UK as long as myself and my sis are here?. Any info would be of great help.
Regards
Shameeque

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:56 am

Re-apply addressing the issues raised.

No need to appeal.

In my opinion - the ECO is just being a pain in the backside
Where there is a will there is a way.

London coool
BANNED

Post by London coool » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:41 am

The ECO needs to be satisfied that your mum is coming as a "genuine visitor", and that she has an intention to leave the UK after when due. Is your Mum working or a Pensioner ? The ECO may be of the impression that because you and your sister are settled in UK and because your Mum has no other financial source apart from yourselves then she may likely vary the terms of her visit visa by seeking to settle in UK.

Depending on your UK status you could alternatively apply for a Settlement visa (for parents over 65/or under 65 on compassionate grounds) for your mum if that is the planned end-game of her visit.

Or you re-apply for the visit visa but you have to address the issue of satisfying the ECO that your mum has good reasons for returning home,for instance she may own a house that she collects rent,or oversee's a family business/farm,etc.

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:05 am

oops, i end up duplicating my posts. Please see my post here. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=10248
Would that be valid reasons, if i re-apply?.
Regards
Shameeque