ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Work = Job?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrmuez

Online Work = Job?

Post by mrmuez » Tue May 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi I wanted to ask you guyz , i know working under new rules is not allowed in uk but i was thinking do ONLINE JOBS count as Real Jobs ? I make around 500 to 1000 Dollars a week working online and can i do that in uk also ? becaz they pay you more in uk for the things i do in pakistan ?

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Wed May 09, 2012 11:15 am

You are earning US$1000 per week and coming to UK for studying in a B rated college?

Any work on student visa which is not authorized is illegal and if do any online work and tracked by UKBA you will may be deported with further entry bans. Same thing happened with many eBay traders.

The Legend
Newly Registered

Post by The Legend » Wed May 09, 2012 6:05 pm

ok thats strange earning 600 to 1000 $ in a week lol share with us how you do that living in pakistan :lol: . i dont know about pakistan but internet security in UK is very strict.

mrmuez

Post by mrmuez » Wed May 09, 2012 6:15 pm

The Legend wrote:ok thats strange earning 600 to 1000 $ in a week lol share with us how you do that living in pakistan :lol: . i dont know about pakistan but internet security in UK is very strict.
i dont do anything illegal bro , i work for different companies , do projects , design websites and stuff ....

The Legend
Newly Registered

Post by The Legend » Wed May 09, 2012 7:36 pm

mrmuez wrote:
i dont do anything illegal bro , i work for different companies , do projects , design websites and stuff ....
i think it came out wrong i didnt mean that.

mrmuez

Post by mrmuez » Wed May 09, 2012 8:41 pm

The Legend wrote:
mrmuez wrote:
its a lot of work dude , i sit around pc all day working , hardly any time for anything , i want to study business and management so i can get a good job and give up this lovely night and day computer work

hsmp2007Tier1

Post by hsmp2007Tier1 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:02 pm

mrmuez wrote:
The Legend wrote:
mrmuez wrote:
its a lot of work dude , i sit around pc all day working , hardly any time for anything , i want to study business and management so i can get a good job and give up this lovely night and day computer work

i hav seen good programming/freelancers on internet making over 50K GBP per annum so that is not unusual. I would advise that you keep your profile/working structure in pakistan and support that from uk. In this case its not illegal as the structure in pakistan will get paid and none of anyone's business what you do in UK as far you not gettting paid here. And another advise **keep low profile**

If you are good at what you do, no doubt you may get an opportunity and make enough money jus on wht u r doing already on internet, grass always looks greener on other side so keep the rest of uk studies/adventure going as side play as well.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Sat May 12, 2012 12:39 pm

But unfortunately, that setup will come in violation of money laundering laws and you may need to spend some years or all years of your 'journey' behind the bars. Bear in mind UK is not Pakistan.