ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT Congtracting on Entrepreneur Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newboy641
Newly Registered

IT Congtracting on Entrepreneur Visa

Post by newboy641 » Tue May 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi All- I am new to this forum.

I have recently got a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.

I primarily want to do contracting in IT here in the UK as I have 6+ years of IT experience working for London based clients out of Singapore. I can create 2 jobs in a side business + do the 200,000 investment to renew my visa after 3 years.

But my question is can we do IT contracting with this visa.

Legally as per my visa I can work only for my company. And this is exactly how IT contractors work. They are never an employee of the company they work in(aka client). They always work for their own company, which I can with my visa. So technically its possible and legal.

Can someone throw light on this please..

Thanks in advance!

S

rsrameshsunil

Re: IT Congtracting on Entrepreneur Visa

Post by rsrameshsunil » Tue May 08, 2012 10:50 pm

newboy641 wrote:Hi All- I am new to this forum.

I primarily want to do contracting in IT here in the UK as I have 6+ years of IT experience working for London based clients out of Singapore. I can create 2 jobs in a side business + do the 200,000 investment to renew my visa after 3 years.

Legally as per my visa I can work only for my company. And this is exactly how IT contractors work. They are never an employee of the company they work in(aka client). They always work for their own company, which I can with my visa. So technically its possible and legal.

Thanks in advance!

S
hey please check you PM messages. I am in the same situation and would be good for us to stay in touch.

Guys..it would be nice if someone can throw info and thoughts on this...

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Wed May 09, 2012 1:04 pm

You can certainly work as Contractor under your own company.
Good luck with your application.

ItsAWonderfulLife
Newly Registered

Re: IT Congtracting on Entrepreneur Visa

Post by ItsAWonderfulLife » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:02 am

are you saying you are going to apply for the Tier 1 Entrepreneur without the inital 200k? I thought you need the 200k when you apply first?

if you are having 200k then you are asking if you can be an IT contracting firm?
newboy641 wrote:Hi All- I am new to this forum.

Thanks in advance!

S

mohan1987
Newly Registered

Post by mohan1987 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:17 am

Hi newboy
When did u apply visa and when did u get visa

newboy641
Newly Registered

Post by newboy641 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:56 pm

I applied on 20th Feb outside the UK. Got my visa on the 27th of Feb(7 days). Already in the UK and I have setup an IT contracting firm and got contracts for myself and other people I employ.

WonderfulLife- dont know what you meant by your question. But I obviously could show 200k and only then got the visa.