ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student in danger of life

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sinner

Student in danger of life

Post by Sinner » Thu May 10, 2012 1:42 am

Hello,

I am in UK since march 2010 studying chartered accountancy here(last year) and belong to an Ahmadi Muslim community(declared as non Muslims in home country's constitution) and also in recent years under supervision of media and govt our community members are being martyred because of our religion. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bqtQE-g ... re=related) this happened in 2010 and 2 of my relatives were martyred in this attack as well.
Recently I went back to my home country to visit my family but was threatened by other Muslim extremists and they also tried to kidnap me anyhow I managed to escape and shortened my trip to 2 days and travelled back to UK. Now what options do I have? As for sure I cannot afford to go back. Can I stay here until situation is better or what else? Please advise as soon as possible

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Thu May 10, 2012 6:12 am

There have been several court judgements, and UKBA has some fairly detailed guidelines about the circumstances in which Ahmadi followers may be in need of international protection.

But without knowing which country you are from, or indeed whereabouts in that country, no-one can give you any realistic advice.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu May 10, 2012 7:45 am

Sinner

Post by Sinner » Thu May 10, 2012 10:39 am

@ paperpusher

This was couple of months ago. But everything was sorted after that.

@MRRusty

I am from Pakistan and spent most of the time in Rabwah but recently moved to Lahore.
Could please provide me the link of UKBA guidelines in which they have guidelines for Ahmadi's?

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu May 10, 2012 6:10 pm

I came across this article http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/pdfid/4f83e1ee2.pdf it features ahmadis.

Sinner

Post by Sinner » Thu May 10, 2012 7:53 pm

I have read it.
One more thing I came to know today that they have filed a FIR against me regarding calling myself a Muslim.

I think copy of this FIR would be helpful in my case.

Approximately how long does it take to decide the case?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu May 10, 2012 9:17 pm

you need to seek legal advice from a compentent immigration solicitor or advisor who is experience in dealing with asylum matters. Claiming asylum is not like making an appliaction under the points based system.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri May 11, 2012 2:18 am

[quote="Sinner@MRRusty

I am from Pakistan and spent most of the time in Rabwah but recently moved to Lahore.
Could please provide me the link of UKBA guidelines in which they have guidelines for Ahmadi's? quote]

You may find this of interest, in particular parts of Section 2.4, 2.5 and 3.8

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary