ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACPO Police Report Will it Affect my ILR ?? Please Reply

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Smam

ACPO Police Report Will it Affect my ILR ?? Please Reply

Post by Smam » Thu May 10, 2012 10:31 am

Hi

I am very embaraced to share this on this forum. But back in November 2011 I got arrested on an Assault and spend nearly 10 hours in the cell. I am getting worried now as I've to apply for my ILR in Sep 2012 time, I've applied for an ACRO or ACPO police report it gave me all the details of my arrest for eg date and time of my arrest and the reason of my arrest as well, but it says in the report that No Further Action Taken as the Custody Officer told me that the other party dont like to give an statement against me that's why I am getting released with out being charged or cautioned or fined. The Custody Officer reassured me that there's nothing recorded against me in the police record no fines, no formal cautions, no warnings.

Please I request all the moderators or senior members to help me in this regard by replying to my topic that will it going to affect my ILR in Sep 2012 time.

I am also considering to apply for a Disclosure Scotland report for my self as well.

Thanking every one in anticipation and desperately waiting for every ones replies.[/u]

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 10, 2012 10:44 am

Hopefully you will be fine but do get your basic CRB for your peace of mind.

Patagonian

Post by Patagonian » Thu May 10, 2012 10:48 am

You have absolutely nothing to worry about as the matter was NFAd. You were not charged/cautioned so you will tick "No" to the questions asking if you have any criminal convictions or charges

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu May 10, 2012 11:20 am

Hi Patagonian and Linkers,

Thanks a million for your extremely prompt reply. I've got tears in my eyes at the moment I am still regretting that moment that why I've lost that moment and got arrested and came down to this stage of worry. It was more in my self defence and the police arrested me at that time.

Thanks a million honestly guys thanks a million. I really dont have words to express my gratitude for your kind and prompt reply for me.

@Linkers mate definitely I'll be applying for my Disclosure Scotoland soon.

Any more replies all welcome any one with a bit more of knowledge please do kindly reply to my querry on this forum.

Thanking every one once again in anticipation and waiting for some more replies.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 10, 2012 11:25 am

Don’t worry Smam, you will be fine !

laweee
Newly Registered

Post by laweee » Thu May 10, 2012 2:26 pm

You have nothing to worry about Smam. As long as you were not charged/convicted by a court, you are clear. Your disclosure will most likely come back with no charge/warning/convictions.

I had a similar issue with the British Transport Police over an invalid rail ticket. They took my details but didn't press charges. My disclosure was clean. Get your disclosure for peace of mind.

All the best.

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri May 11, 2012 8:19 am

Hi

Thanks a lot to ever one for their kind reply for me. One more time I would like to request the Moderators and Gurus if they kindly comment any thing on my case that would be great help.

I'll definitely go for my CRB thanks a lot to every one.

ra_one_2011

Post by ra_one_2011 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:14 am

is your fingure print taken at police station at any time?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 11, 2012 11:46 am

ra_one_2011 wrote:is your fingure print taken at police station at any time?
Not relevant.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri May 11, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi raone2011

Yes, at the police station they took my every details full biometrics data which includes my picture, fingure prints, height,weight details infact even my DNA as well.

Why is there some thing wrong if my fingure prints were taken at the police station ??

Please help and reply please help sushdmehtaI can see that you're a Moderator of this group please reply I am still crying honestly.

Thanking every one in anticipation and waiting for your useful replies.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 11, 2012 3:18 pm

How can one be worried about "unspent conviction" without ever being convicted for anything? :roll:

On the other hand, if one was convicted of an offence and one is in doubt of whether such a conviction may affect settlement and has been recorded, the most sensible thing is to check for unspent conviction yourselfbefore applying for settlement.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri May 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi sushdmehta,

First of all thanks a lot for posting a comment on my thread. I really dont have words to say thanks to you for your kind comments on my thread and for taking the time to post a reply for me thread. Well I am worried cause I am not a crimnal and you're not going to believe this that in my whole life this was happened for the first time and definitely for the last time in my life, that I got arrested I still have night mares of those 10 hours what I've spent in the cell I dont even want to think about it again I dont have enough tears left in my self to shed when ever I just think of that painfull time you're not going to believe this.

Thank God I am a very well educated,civilized and an extremely calm person was an IT Software consultant and a Computer Engineer and then later on did my MBA in Financial Management in London and started working in the field of Finance. Always been a law abiding citizen my whole life. I get scared even if just a police officer come and talk to me for any thing so getting arrested and going through all that you can imagine by your self that how painfull it'll be for a person like myself.

Well I was just doing a little bit of research and my situtation dont comes under the definition of unspent convictions Please follow the link http://www.civilandcorporate.co.uk/empl ... What-41370 for the definition of an unspent conviction. But that's not the case with me.

Any ways thanking you once again May God Bless You. I'll definitely apply for an Enhanced CRB check for my self.

Thanking you once again.

Any more replies guys please any more inputs on my thread thanking every one in anticipation for their kind replies.

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun May 13, 2012 9:42 am

Hi

Any more comments on my topic from the moderators or gurus or any other senior members please.

Thanks.

wrongrite
Newly Registered

Post by wrongrite » Mon May 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Dear Friend Smam, please see my update on this thread, thank you for advice.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 547#644547