ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please review my EC application checklist for adequacy

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Uchmando
Newly Registered

Please review my EC application checklist for adequacy

Post by Uchmando » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:21 am

Hi Pals,
Kindly review my checklist for adequacy or otherwise. I shall appreciate an early response.

1.Covering letter
2.Completed application forms for the family
3.International passports for me, my wife and our two kids (Please note that my second child’s passport is endorsed on her mother’s passport due to his tender age.)
4.Home Office Work-permit Approval Letter
5.Detailed projected expenditure budget against available cash savings for my family for the first six months in the UK (in Nigeria Naira and GBP)
6.Various bank statements showing a total savings of GPB 17,937.00 ( N 4,304,902.00) in liquid and immediately available cash
7.Estimate of my total net worth in Nigeria Naira and GPB
8.Confirmation of Travelodge UK hotel (Birmingham Central) booked for initial accommodation purpose for my family
9.Evidence of permanent accommodation search and arrangements in UK including correspondence from estate agents in UK with price quotations, etc.
10.Evidence of job search including correspondence from recruiting agencies in UK. Salary surveys for my skills and qualifications are also attached.
11.Professional and academic qualification certificates (ACCA, CISA, CIA)for me and my wife
12.A reference letter and a salary confirmation letter collected recently from my present employer for my HSMP application
13.Current tax clearance certificate
14.Marriage certificate
15.My family photograph
16.Birth certificates for myself, my wife and our two kids
17.Original purchase receipts as evidence of my other disposable assets including title deed for my landed property. All these are to be disposed soon.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:22 pm

Your list looks good to me.

Nothing at all to do with the visa application ..... the Travelodge booking in central Birmingham .... no doubt the rooms are well sound-proofed but it is in Broad Street in the heart of the entertainment district .... lots of pubs and restaurants ... and people out enjoying themselves until quite late, especially on Fridays and Saturdays. Assuming you have made a flexible booking you might want to book somewhere a little quieter, given your family situation ... once you have got the visas in the passports.

Are you going to be working in Birmingham? If so and your want some advice what hotel to book for your initial stay in the UK, send me a PM giving details of where you will be working and I shall come up with a few suggestions.
John

srib
Newly Registered

Post by srib » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:08 am

Hi John (Moderator) / Uchmando / People booked rooms for EC..Kindly advice

Can i book room in 'Travelodge' under 'Flexible Rooms' and give the same as proof with EC Application? For Flexible Rooms we don't make the Payment during booking. Is payment receipt to be shown during EC?

Regards,
srib

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:45 pm

Can i book room in 'Travelodge' under 'Flexible Rooms'
I think that as long as you have a credit or debit card acceptable to Travelodge, yes of course.

Other applicants have not needed to show a payment receipt. Merely written confirmation of the hotel booking is enough.
John

srib
Newly Registered

Post by srib » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:34 am

Hi John,
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Regards,
srib