ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

plz help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

miss maheen
Newly Registered

plz help

Post by miss maheen » Thu May 10, 2012 1:04 pm

My friend got back her documents today from UKBA saying its a invalid application some mandatory documents are missing.Her visa expired on 14 april and she got her file today on 10 may 2012.Can she reapply for her student visa again?plz tell me what shall she do now?

miss maheen
Newly Registered

over stayer

Post by miss maheen » Thu May 10, 2012 2:20 pm

today it has been 27 days after her visa expired.Can she apply tomm with a new bank statement as it should not be one month older on the date of new application.Her previous bank statement was issued on 5th april 2012.

Plz some one reply me quickly as she comes in the category of over stayer but still it has not been 28 days.

z18runway

Re: over stayer

Post by z18runway » Thu May 10, 2012 2:53 pm

miss maheen wrote:today it has been 27 days after her visa expired.Can she apply tomm with a new bank statement as it should not be one month older on the date of new application.Her previous bank statement was issued on 5th april 2012.

Plz some one reply me quickly as she comes in the category of over stayer but still it has not been 28 days.

makepop1

Post by makepop1 » Thu May 10, 2012 2:55 pm

She can reapply and she might have received ref number with the returned application, so she can use that number and add a covering letter with the new application.
better to attach latest statement to cover herself.

Its upto them to argue that she may be overstayer because her visa finished, but best is reapply.

miss maheen
Newly Registered

Post by miss maheen » Thu May 10, 2012 3:10 pm

thanks a lot!she is hopefully applying tomorrow.Whats the last date she can apply till?i mean can she even apply after 28 days?as maybe getting a new bank statement will take some time.plus will her previous application fee of pounds 394 be reimbursed to her?if yes,approx how many days does it takes?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Fri May 11, 2012 12:49 am

plus will her previous application fee of pounds 394 be reimbursed to her?if yes,approx how many days does it takes?
if the application is returned invalid then they must have returned the payment (if cheque / draft) or shouldn't have even taken from account (if paid by card).

As her visa has already expired so the sooner she reapply the better.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri May 11, 2012 5:53 am

This is not correct. The payment is usually taken first but the application is rejected as invalid after in which case the fee should be refunded.

Why exactly was the application treated as invalid-what mandatory documents were missing?

miss maheen
Newly Registered

Post by miss maheen » Fri May 11, 2012 8:38 am

The money has already been taken out from her account but the letter accompanied with the file says it will be refunded.So that's solved.
She had not filled her application forms properly missing out few parts which have been pinpointed by UKBA.Hopefully she will fill them and send them today or tomorrow by post.She also got new bank statements as the they should not be one month older on the date of application.she has maintained 10 k pounds in her account.
What are her chances of getting her student visa now as she is really worried about the whole situation.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Fri May 11, 2012 11:33 am

Most probably she will do mistakes again, as she is applying within a day or two and applicaton form still the same. i.e. in English.

I will suggest she should use some immigration consultant/lawyer this time coz situation is critical now and if refused this time, she can hardly be able to stay in UK.

makepop1

Post by makepop1 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:44 pm

miss maheen wrote:The money has already been taken out from her account but the letter accompanied with the file says it will be refunded.
i wonder how the money is refunded. If the money refunded then the reapplying will be considered as fresh application and she might get trouble as her visa ran out and may be considered as over stayer.

makepop1

Post by makepop1 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:46 pm

Deviser wrote:Most probably she will do mistakes again, as she is applying within a day or two and applicaton form still the same. i.e. in English.

I will suggest she should use some immigration consultant/lawyer this time coz situation is critical now and if refused this time, she can hardly be able to stay in UK.
did she mention any where that she had problem with the language while filling application form ?

mistakes happen mate.

miss maheen
Newly Registered

Post by miss maheen » Fri May 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Actually the problem does not lies with English or filling the form in a wrong way.Actually she omitted some important parts of the form which are highlighted by ukba and have declared the application as invalid and have told that a new application can be made.But she needs a new bank statement but she is now waiting for a new one.The whole process as been lagged till next week now.Hope it wont create much troubles for her.

makepop1

Post by makepop1 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:35 am

miss maheen wrote:Actually the problem does not lies with English or filling the form in a wrong way.Actually she omitted some important parts of the form which are highlighted by ukba and have declared the application as invalid and have told that a new application can be made.But she needs a new bank statement but she is now waiting for a new one.The whole process as been lagged till next week now.Hope it wont create much troubles for her.
best of luck for ur friend miss maheen