ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension - Ltd company, payslip = gross + expenses ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

O_Relly

Tier 1 extension - Ltd company, payslip = gross + expenses ?

Post by O_Relly » Thu May 10, 2012 11:16 pm

Hello,

I have my own limited company and my auditor generates payslips for me. My monthly salary is a combination of my salary (£ 646) + expenses (£ 500- this varies every month).

So my payslip shows as
Basic: 646
Expenses: 500 (food and travel expenses - varies from month to month)
Net Pay: 1146

As per policy guidelines, I am eligible to claim for,
"allowances (such as accommodation,
schooling or car allowances) that form part
of an applicant’s remuneration package"

Now since I am the director of the company and since it forms a part of my remuneration package, can I claim for the entire 1146 or am I only eligible to claim for the 646 ?

I am ok to claim for the 646 only, but it can lead to confusion as the salary credit in my personal bank account will be 1146 and might confuse the case worker.

Kindly advice / clarify.

Regards,
OR.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun May 13, 2012 12:53 am

Guys,

anyone any advice on this ?

I was with an umbrella company the first 2 months, and submitted expenses on which I was tax exempted from and later on started my own limited company, in which I am reimbursed expenses every month along with my salary.

Now, when I claim points for earning should I exclude expenses in both umbrella company and limited company earnings ? or am I eligible to claim for expenses as well?

ashvar123

Post by ashvar123 » Sun May 13, 2012 1:06 am

Sorry.. this will not be allowed.. every thing that you receive which is taxable or under certain limit will be considered as income.. so ...no Expense reimbursements can be included to salary
- Ashvar