ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(m) – How Important Is The Previous Address Section?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eva82me

Set(m) – How Important Is The Previous Address Section?

Post by eva82me » Fri May 11, 2012 11:17 am

Hi all,

I am going to apply for the ILR visa as the spouse of a British Citizen. I have a question regarding the ’Previous Address’ section in the SET(M) form. Hopefully someone here can help me.

My husband and I were living together in City A until Jan 2011 (we bought a house there.) Then he found a new job in City B and moved there in Feb 2011. Our initial plan is: I will stay in the old place (city A) until I find a new job in city B. Once this been done, we will move in together. Before that, we will visit each other during the weekend.

During this period, all my husband’s letters and pay slips etc were posted to our old address (City A) – we did this on purpose.

It took me more than a year to find a new job there and I am planning to move to City B in 2 weeks time.

Since I am going to apply for the settlement soon (in July 2012, base on my 2 years spouse visa), I wonder whether our situation will be an issue?

I understand that I need to prove that we have been living together for the last 2 years. But I don’t have any paper documents with my name on it in City B. It is only his name on the tenancy agreement in City B. Although we do have a lot of train tickets to prove that we visited each other every weekend.

Question: Should I ignore City B and provide 6 letters addressed to both of us in City A, assuming that we have never been separated? As this is much easier for us.

Thanks a lot!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri May 11, 2012 11:49 am

Tell the truth. Discrepancies are easily spotted by case workers.

eva82me

Post by eva82me » Fri May 11, 2012 12:07 pm

Thank you very much.

Do you think I have qualified for the ILR based on the 2 years spouse visa?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri May 11, 2012 12:16 pm

I'm not qualified to give you an answer. You would need to have a professional document check from an legal advisor.