ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success @ Croydon 10-May (WP + Tier1), 220 day absense

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

foxthree3
Newly Registered

ILR success @ Croydon 10-May (WP + Tier1), 220 day absense

Post by foxthree3 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:23 pm

All,

Have been a silent visitor on this site for last 2 years and have to thank you all for the valuable inputs you provided here.

So with my Tier1 done 2 years back and now the ILR done yesterday I thought its my time to share my experience for benefit of others for ILR.

When did I start preparing for ILR ?
1 month in advance to get any WP letter from Employer etc. Mine was same employer for last 5 years.

When did I book my appointment ?
Just 3 weeks before - I was plain lucky as was advised by a friend that the date is available and I booked it-was approx 11am some morning.

How many of you applied?
Myself + 2 dependants -cost £2755

Did you use any cover letter ?
No

What documents did you submit?
All passports,
Photographs,
Completed SET(O) form,
3 employer letters( for absenses from UK, for salary, for WP period),
HMRC employment history letter,
P60(5 years),
Salary slips(12 months),
Bank statements only for last 18 months,
Co-habitation docs for my wife( NHS letter, bank statement, CRB check letter),
Life in UK letters,
Tier1 Calculator results(from ukba website)

How much time it took in total at Croydon?
Entered at 8 am and left the premises at 11:40am

How was the staff there?
In general helpful

How was the atmosphere in there?
Good enough to come out alive and happy

How was the case worker ?
In my case I was assigned to a male caseworker with neutral expression. Just men you know :) no smile no frown...just plain neutral.

Any issues faced?
1> For authorising my bank payment(debit Card), I had to speak to Bank from PEO-Croydon. Few security questions by Bank and payment was approved.

2> Biometrics for my wife created an issue. She had 3 passports(2 expired) and when lady at counter took her details for biometrics, she entered her name incorrectly the first time. Then recorrected it and this created 2 entries for my wife in the system . So when we were sent to the actual Biometrics counter we were sent back to get this corrected at first counter. It took some time to correct it and only to be told again at actual Biometrics counter that this time now they have used the old/expired passport number. So had to go back to old counter, get it corrected and then finally the biometrics were done.

3> When the actual case worker took the application/documents, he called me in next 10 minutes asking if my wife was not part of application and if she has done biometrics as he can not see her on the system. Had to explain that we went through Biometrics thrice and then he was kind enough to calm me and say its an IT issue with PEO and they will sort it.

4>Later was given unsolicited advise by one worker mentioning I should never have given my or wifes old passports at the biometric counter as this confuses the workers(guess they were new recruits). Anyways had to retort and point out that it is mentioned in the form to give all passports including old ones and also mention this is the practice at airports where we have been routinely asked to give our old passports as well. I have 3 and my wife has 3. So guys keep this thing in mind if you have more than 1 passport.

5> Once I read the letter issued to me at home fully, found slight-problem in it. One of the paragraphs been repeated 3 times saying I need to register with police. Then in the next paragraph it says NO need to register with police. Now dilemma is do I need to register with police or not? any advise guys ??

Any tips?
1> Just follow this great website - it is perfect place for right advise.
2> If you want to save a few quids on your passport photos. Click a decent one with your 4 MP camera and develop them at BOOTS pharmacy photo machine. Costs only 30p to get 9 passport photos. Best part is they were accepted without any issues at Croydon- so highly recommended.
3> If you are coming by car, use WhitGift car park. Opposite to croydon office and charges £8. Cheaper than other NCP parks nearby

Hope some of you will find this helpful and maybe save a few quids on passport photos and thus make your car parking free:)

[/u]
Last edited by foxthree3 on Fri May 11, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri May 11, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for your future.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sat May 12, 2012 12:04 am

congrats, really like your organised report in a question and answer manner...I think the money you saved on passport photos went towards your parking, I only paid £5 for parking just a couple of weeks ago :)

Congrats once again

apsaps

Post by apsaps » Sat May 12, 2012 8:10 pm

Big Congrats !

You mentioned that you had 3 employer letters( for absenses from UK, for salary, for WP period),

Can you share format for WP Letter , I have PEO on wednesday and was on WP for initial year than on Tier 1 - all with same employer

Been with employer for last 7 years.

Thanks
APS

ab2012
Newly Registered

Re: ILR success @ Croydon 10-May (WP + Tier1), 220 day absen

Post by ab2012 » Sun May 13, 2012 1:18 pm

foxthree3 wrote:All,

Have been a silent visitor on this site for last 2 years and have to thank you all for the valuable inputs you provided here.

So with my Tier1 done 2 years back and now the ILR done yesterday I thought its my time to share my experience for benefit of others for ILR.

1 month in advance to get any WP letter from Employer etc. Mine was same employer for last 5 years.

Just 3 weeks before - I was plain lucky as was advised by a friend that the date is available and I booked it-was approx 11am some morning.

How many of you applied?

No

All passports,
Photographs,
Completed SET(O) form,
P60(5 years),
Salary slips(12 months),
Life in UK letters,

How was the staff there?
In general helpful

In my case I was assigned to a male caseworker with neutral expression. Just men you know :) no smile no frown...just plain neutral.

Any issues faced?
1> For authorising my bank payment(debit Card), I had to speak to Bank from PEO-Croydon. Few security questions by Bank and payment was approved.

2> Biometrics for my wife created an issue. She had 3 passports(2 expired) and when lady at counter took her details for biometrics, she entered her name incorrectly the first time. Then recorrected it and this created 2 entries for my wife in the system . So when we were sent to the actual Biometrics counter we were sent back to get this corrected at first counter. It took some time to correct it and only to be told again at actual Biometrics counter that this time now they have used the old/expired passport number. So had to go back to old counter, get it corrected and then finally the biometrics were done.

3> When the actual case worker took the application/documents, he called me in next 10 minutes asking if my wife was not part of application and if she has done biometrics as he can not see her on the system. Had to explain that we went through Biometrics thrice and then he was kind enough to calm me and say its an IT issue with PEO and they will sort it.

4>Later was given unsolicited advise by one worker mentioning I should never have given my or wifes old passports at the biometric counter as this confuses the workers(guess they were new recruits). Anyways had to retort and point out that it is mentioned in the form to give all passports including old ones and also mention this is the practice at airports where we have been routinely asked to give our old passports as well. I have 3 and my wife has 3. So guys keep this thing in mind if you have more than 1 passport.

5> Once I read the letter issued to me at home fully, found slight-problem in it. One of the paragraphs been repeated 3 times saying I need to register with police. Then in the next paragraph it says NO need to register with police. Now dilemma is do I need to register with police or not? any advise guys ??

Any tips?
2> If you want to save a few quids on your passport photos. Click a decent one with your 4 MP camera and develop them at BOOTS pharmacy photo machine. Costs only 30p to get 9 passport photos. Best part is they were accepted without any issues at Croydon- so highly recommended.
3> If you are coming by car, use WhitGift car park. Opposite to croydon office and charges £8. Cheaper than other NCP parks nearby

Hope some of you will find this helpful and maybe save a few quids on passport photos and thus make your car parking free:)

[/u]
Congrats foxthree3,

could you give details of your 260 day absences (how many days for business, how many days paid leave)?

Could you give template for the three letters you provided?

foxthree3
Newly Registered

Post by foxthree3 » Mon May 14, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi AB2012 & APSAP,

All the best for your applications.
Apologies, I do not have a template with me - my office had it and issued me the same. Homeoffice took all the 3 original letters and the photocopies as well, so do not have it anymore.

APSAP,
I looked at your previous posts and I beleive you are totally OK to submit your application with the 2 letters that you already have from office. You may also use your WP letter - just to give you more confidence that all the period is covered.

Regarding my absenses, out of 220+ absenses, this is the breakup and the supporting document used:
1> Paid Annual Holiday outside UK ( 75 days)-->Letter from employer saying I was a full-time employee during 5 years and any holidays taken during this time were fully paid and full salary credited in Bank account.

2> Compassionate absense from UK,Death of grand mother (25 days)--> . Photo copy of Death certificate attached

3> Compassionate absence from UK, Birth of Child (28 days)--> Original Birth certificate of Child.

4> Multiple Business/employment related trips outside UK(100+ days)--> Letter from employer stating I was out of UK(for the said dates) for business purpose. Note- none of my trips excceded 90 days in a single journey.

Hope this helps.

Regards
FX-3

hpat

Query

Post by hpat » Tue May 15, 2012 2:50 pm

Congratulation foxthree3 and thnaks for sharing your experience.
Can you please share one information once you get your BRP.
I am a bit quriour to from from which date BRP will be valid from.
I mean from date of your application at PEO or whenever it gets printed.

Thanks

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 15, 2012 3:01 pm

foxthree3 wrote:Hi AB2012 & APSAP,

All the best for your applications.
Apologies, I do not have a template with me - my office had it and issued me the same. Homeoffice took all the 3 original letters and the photocopies as well, so do not have it anymore.

APSAP,
I looked at your previous posts and I beleive you are totally OK to submit your application with the 2 letters that you already have from office. You may also use your WP letter - just to give you more confidence that all the period is covered.

Regarding my absenses, out of 220+ absenses, this is the breakup and the supporting document used:
1> Paid Annual Holiday outside UK ( 75 days)-->Letter from employer saying I was a full-time employee during 5 years and any holidays taken during this time were fully paid and full salary credited in Bank account.

2> Compassionate absense from UK,Death of grand mother (25 days)--> . Photo copy of Death certificate attached

3> Compassionate absence from UK, Birth of Child (28 days)--> Original Birth certificate of Child.

4> Multiple Business/employment related trips outside UK(100+ days)--> Letter from employer stating I was out of UK(for the said dates) for business purpose. Note- none of my trips excceded 90 days in a single journey.

Hope this helps.

Regards
FX-3
Hi foxthree3,
Congrats for the approval.
In terms of the letter from the employer regarding "Paid Holidays outside UK" what was the extent of detail put on the letter? i.e. was it only as simple as a statement "...any holidays taken during this time were fully paid and full salary credited in Bank account..." or did you get a breakdown of all absenses in tabular format and highlighted all trips were outside UK and were paid etc...

Just some guidence on this will help...

foxthree3
Newly Registered

Post by foxthree3 » Tue May 15, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi Mohit,

In terms of the letter, It did not have any specific details about the personal holiday details (it had tabular details only for business trips).

The wording was to that extent general and only mentioned that during this entire employment period, I was always paid full salary and this could be verified from my bank account.

Regards
FX-3

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 15, 2012 3:12 pm

Cool.
Thanks FX-3 and congrats again...
Mohit

hpat

Re: ILR success @ Croydon 10-May (WP + Tier1), 220 day absen

Post by hpat » Mon May 21, 2012 8:56 am

foxthree3 wrote:All,

How many of you applied?

No

All passports,
Photographs,
Completed SET(O) form,
P60(5 years),
Salary slips(12 months),
Life in UK letters,

How was the staff there?
In general helpful

Any issues faced?

Any tips?

[/u]
Hi Did you get your BRP yet??
Thanks for your time

foxthree3
Newly Registered

Post by foxthree3 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:28 am

Hi,

Yes, I received it in 3 working days.
It has the date that I attended my appointment on 10-May-2012

Regards
FX-3