ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visiting visa coll-off period ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pradhaa
Newly Registered

visiting visa coll-off period ?

Post by pradhaa » Sat May 12, 2012 10:23 am

Hi ,

My father-in-law is in UK with family vistor for a six months period. I understod he can not extend his visa inside UK. He has to return India and do so.
Does he wait any months to apply visiting visa again after expiration of existing visiting visa. ?

Thanks
p radhaa

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat May 12, 2012 11:03 am

There is a general rule that endeavours to restrict visit visa entry to a cumulative 6 out of 12 months (in annual rotation). What is the reason he wishes to re-visit the UK again so soon after such a long stay? Don't tell me; the answer to that question will be considered by the UKBA and a new visa issued or refused on that basis.

pradhaa
Newly Registered

Post by pradhaa » Sat May 12, 2012 11:46 am

There is a general rule that endeavours to restrict visit visa entry to a cumulative 6 out of 12 months (in annual rotation).

Do you mean he has to wait for six months , then apply again, ? please

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat May 12, 2012 11:54 am

I mean that (to wait six months) is normally what would be expected. However, if he has a good and genuine reason to re-enter the UK so soon after a previous and lengthy visit, he may be considered for another visa sooner. What he can't do is expect to effectively reside in the UK on the immigration status of a visitor by breaking up his residence with a short trip home to renew his visa.

pradhaa
Newly Registered

Post by pradhaa » Sun May 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Thanks for the clarification.