ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

conviction

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolman1
Newly Registered

conviction

Post by coolman1 » Sat May 12, 2012 5:16 pm

hi how are you.i want to know that i am an international student in uk and recently i got conviction for fare evasion and i got twelve month conditional discharge.i want to know can i apply for visit visa for ireland.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 13, 2012 7:42 pm

There's nothing to stop you applying.

seasayoub
BANNED

Re: conviction

Post by seasayoub » Mon May 14, 2012 4:55 pm

coolman1 wrote:hi how are you.i want to know that i am an international student in uk and recently i got conviction for fare evasion and i got twelve month conditional discharge.i want to know can i apply for visit visa for ireland.
Entry clearance officer put many things into consideration anyway.

Only offence against the state act and an assault causing harm known as GBH, it depends anyway. Hope that answers your question.

rosdoodoo
BANNED

Post by rosdoodoo » Sun May 27, 2012 5:54 pm

Burglar with 111 convictions fled after crash with garda patrol car
COURTS HOME- Herald.ie
By Andrew Phelan
Thursday May 24 2012

A DUBLIN man who was a passenger in a stolen car that rammed a garda patrol vehicle has been warned he will be jailed if he does not keep appointments with his probation officer.

Doran had the case against him adjourned for a probation report, but Judge Catherine Murphy warned she would jail him for up to two years if he did not co-operate.

Doran, of Oriel Street Lower, has 100 previous convictions and pleaded guilty at Dublin District Court to charges of being a passenger in a stolen car, burglary, theft and criminal damage.

The court heard gardai were called to reports that a car was being driven dangerously in the Sheriff Street area in the first incident.

When they arrived, they saw the car performing handbrake turns before reversing into the patrol car, making "significant contact" with it.

The driver and front-seat passenger ran from the car, before Doran got out of the back seat. He ran and was caught 10 yards away.

He was arrested and brought to Store Street Garda Station. The owner of the car was not aware at the time that it had been stolen.

On September 24 last year, gardai received a report of an attempted motorbike theft. However, the investigating garda found the accused cycling a bike out of an apartment block at Westland Square.

Judge Catherine Murphy imposed a further 11 convictions on Doran, bringing the total to 111.

She said she was "very tempted" to send him to prison, remarking that he had made "virtually no effort" to attend appointments with his probation officer.

She said she would give Doran one last chance, but added that, if he missed on more appointment, "I won't be locking you up, you will be locking yourself up."

Doran was remanded on continuing bail to appear in court again in July.

aphelan@herald.ie

- Andrew Phelan

I don't think if any immigrant has only one convictions he/she we becomes enemy of the state, even before anything, so the question now is that, why are we so harsh and try to look stupid sometimes ?
:lol:
Bruce willies To Fight On, Even when he's crippled And Out Of Work.

Irisheddy

Unfair

Post by Irisheddy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:24 pm

Sadly a different rule applies for Irish people than for migrants.There is no point giving examples here of how leniently some Irish people are treated. We already know!

Last year I read on this very board about an Indian doctor being turned down because he had a conviction for cycling through a red light! yet I also come across cases where some irish people can get away with murder.

Unfair as it is, you should be aware that a different law applies for migrants

rosdoodoo
BANNED

Re: Unfair

Post by rosdoodoo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Irisheddy wrote:Sadly a different rule applies for Irish people than for migrants.There is no point giving examples here of how leniently some Irish people are treated. We already know!

Last year I read on this very board about an Indian doctor being turned down because he had a conviction for cycling through a red light! yet I also come across cases where some irish people can get away with murder.

Unfair as it is, you should be aware that a different law applies for migrants
That's why if you don't know the law seek the help of expert like immigration lawyer otherwise you'll continue to suffer immigration rule per your self-induce or so called self-oppressors in Irish immigration rule and your rights, then you'll ended up hurting yourselves along the line, however, if the INIS could not find a way to usurp deportation on you on that, and mostly manufestly unfounded, so why would you then be refused for naturalisation on that basis ? bastards. Hope that helps you a bit.

I remebered when my blood brother want to naturalised as british citizens i dont think he submitted any birth certificate to the home office than a sworn affidavitt, but the Irish authority want too much, common to change your name they'll want Deed poll otherwise they'll be arresting with no reasons having followed the rule to do so, weird and mean.
Bruce willies To Fight On, Even when he's crippled And Out Of Work.