ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Booking PEO appointment - new instruction confusing.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

O_Relly

Booking PEO appointment - new instruction confusing.

Post by O_Relly » Sat May 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Hello,

I have a PEO appointment booked for the week after next, did it more than a month ago. At that time, I just booked the appointment and then separately downloaded and printed the Tier 1 extension application form.

Today while my wife was trying to book an appointment, (she is a Tier 1 primary applicant herself),

It gave her the below message,
You do not currently have any transactions. You should not book an appointment unless you have already submitted an application and you have been informed that your service requires an appointment.

Now is this a new rule or something ? Since, I did not submit an application and have not been informed that my service requires an appointment ? also there was no such instruction when I tried to book, it just said something like 'book an appointment if you have chosen the same in the application form' and I just went ahead and booked, with the thought that I will choose that option when I fill in the application form.

Also there is a continue button which when I click brings me back to the same page. In my Appointment booking summary, the first bullet point states,

-> Print and sign the official form and bring it to your appointment. To do this, click Continue below (when I click Continue, it brings me back to the same page with options View, Reschedule, Cancel page)

I assumed the official form is just the Tier 1 extension application form from the UKBA site. Now after seeing the message my wife got, and the Continue button not leading me anywhere, I am a bit worried if I am doing something wrong.

Can someone kindly clarify please ?

Sorry for the rather long post.
Regards,
OR
Last edited by O_Relly on Sat May 12, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat May 12, 2012 9:27 pm

Is your wife selecting 'no' when it asks whether she wants to book a premium appointment?

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sat May 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Nope, the message is immediately after logging in, where there is the 'Book Appointment' button. So it is even before she can reach those options, but it does allow her to go ahead and book an appointment !

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat May 12, 2012 9:59 pm

It sounds like from your edited post that she has chosen the 'apply online' option?

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sat May 12, 2012 10:13 pm

If that is the case, then I also used the same link as she did. So am I using the wrong option ?

Is there a different link for booking appointments ? Can you please post the correct link for booking an appointment in the PEO which is not online, but to carry all the filled in application form, and supporting documents with you when you go in person ?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat May 12, 2012 10:22 pm

I'm not sure if this is what you are after, but as far as I know there is only one UKBA facility to book appointments... I had bookmarked this earlier thinking of using it, but ultimately made a postal application instead.

Apply Online

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sat May 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Thanks cs95tdg, that's the link I used and my wife used too. Even I was of the opinion that there was only one link to book PEO appointments.

It's just worrying that we are seeing the message "You should not book an appointment unless you have already submitted an application and you have been informed that your service requires an appointment. " while trying to book an appointment for her.

Since, I didn't see any such instruction...and already have an appointment booked, leaves me wondering !!

sreemtech
Newly Registered

Post by sreemtech » Sun May 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi O_Relly

I am also getting the same message once I login....

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun May 13, 2012 4:36 pm

That is rather strange. Just out of curiosity I tried to login now, but don't see the message you've mentioned.

The first screen (Book Appointment - Tell us what type of appointment you need) I see after logging in, is one where I'm asked "Which service are you applying for?:". The options available to me were those below.
O_Relly, is this what you saw when you booked your appointment? I.e. and what you were expecting your wife to see?

BR1
BR2
BR3
BR4
BRP (RC)
EEA1
FLR (BUS)
FLR (M)
FLR (O)
NTL
SET (F)
SET (M)