ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

19 Year old wanting to move

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KyleF
Newly Registered

19 Year old wanting to move

Post by KyleF » Sun May 13, 2012 3:29 am

I am wanting to move from the US to the UK within the next upcoming months. My only issue is that I would not be as a student. In all reality my reasons to move to the UK is simply that I want to see how it is to live in the UK. I will be still attending college work through online school. Though this does not give me the ability to obtain a student Visa.

Will I have to look into a working visa? if so, how could I begin this process.
I attempted with a visa program though found that they only scammed others in which I am glad I did not further my interests with them.

If though I am so young do I still have a chance of obtaining a workers permit? or able to possibly find sponsorship? I have a large working background in the states can this help me in my chances of obtaining a job?

Lastly I was curious of the possibility if I can fly to the UK for a week or two and see if I can find work with my tourist visa, if I did find some sort of work will they be able to change my visa/passport into working visa?

Thank you for your time.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun May 13, 2012 9:19 am

I think your plans are entirely unrealistic. Would suggest you go to the ukba website and have a look at the various working visa categories and then come back with more specific questions.

No you cannot switch from a visitor to a work visa from within the UK.

meladvup
Newly Registered

Post by meladvup » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Greenie is entirely right, your plans are unrealistic. Plus 'I want to move to see what its like' is not a basis in which you should be planning to move your entire life on.