ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling abroad with EEA2 RC. Should I carry CSI as well?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fufilnikku
Newly Registered

Travelling abroad with EEA2 RC. Should I carry CSI as well?

Post by fufilnikku » Sun May 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Greetings Everyone.
I am a non-eu national with a EEA2 RC stamp in my passport. Me and my wife (EU national) are planning to travel abroad in few months. This would be my first trip abroad after EEA2 RC stamp in my passport. The RC was issued on the basis of my wife exercising treaty rights as a self-sufficient person. Therefore, We supplied a CSI document along with the application.
I am wondering should I carry this CSI document with us in case Immigration Officers at UK airport question the status "self-sufficiency" for my wife.
I would be grateful if you could advise me in this matter. Many thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun May 13, 2012 8:45 pm

No need to carry CSI. The RC is enough. Even if the IO asks on what basis the RC was obtained (unlikely to be asked if you travel together), you don't need to prove anything again at the border (he is more interested to hear you say - I'm married to a EEA national).

Be aware that you could use the EU line, don't need to fill in a landing card and your passport should not be stamped.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Jambo wrote: Be aware that you could use the EU line, don't need to fill in a landing card and your passport should not be stamped.
Absolutely!

...and CSI is not relevant to entry...

fufilnikku
Newly Registered

Post by fufilnikku » Mon May 14, 2012 7:22 am

Thanks a lot for your replies. I really appreciate it.

webbie1902
Newly Registered

Post by webbie1902 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:55 pm

I curious guys, please enligthen me more about why the passport cannot be stamped. Please give me a link to the directive.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat May 19, 2012 12:02 am

webbie1902 wrote:I curious guys, please enligthen me more about why the passport cannot be stamped. Please give me a link to the directive.
See Endorsing the passports - UKBA guidelines and Regulation 11(3).

webbie1902
Newly Registered

Post by webbie1902 » Sat May 19, 2012 12:47 am

thanks jambo!