ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - bank statements?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vytswp
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit - bank statements?

Post by vytswp » Mon May 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi all,

The online application form for an EEA Family Permit explicitly asks for bank statements if the applicant has indicated that they have some kind of savings.

I have 2 questions: 1) Is this even legal? 2)If I don't want to hand over my banking details, should I just say that I don't have any savings? Will this be detrimental to my application?

It seems that an EEA Family Permit cannot be denied based on financial reasons, so why are financial questions asked at all on the application?

Thanks!

Laura721

Post by Laura721 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:08 pm

For all of the financial questions about savings etc I just wrote n/a for family permit and it was fine.

vytswp
Newly Registered

Post by vytswp » Tue May 15, 2012 10:28 am

Thanks, Laura721.

eniseg

Re: EEA Family Permit - bank statements?

Post by eniseg » Wed May 11, 2016 11:25 am

Hey,
I'm wondering how the state of this is. The VAF5 Form says that on questions 8.10.11 onwards you should support your answers with bank statements/proof and I also heard about the idea of writing a letter to the secretary of state about my funds..?! How does this work?

I'm the German spouse of an Australian man, studying in the UK.