ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Arsenic
Newly Registered

UK spouse visa

Post by Arsenic » Tue May 15, 2012 1:38 am

Hi,

My wife is a UK national. She got divorced from her first husband some months ago and we planned to marry each other. Can she sponsor me for a residence visa as she is UK national immediately after we got married?

advice needed? Thanks

scan87

Re: UK spouse visa

Post by scan87 » Tue May 15, 2012 4:08 am

Arsenic wrote:Hi,

My wife is a UK national. She got divorced from her first husband some months ago and we planned to marry each other. Can she sponsor me for a residence visa as she is UK national immediately after we got married?

advice needed? Thanks
Yes she can sponsor you.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue May 15, 2012 8:51 am

I see from your previous posts that you are currently living illegally in Ireland. You can only apply for a spouse visa from a country where you have legal residence. You'll have to return to your home country to submit your application from there. If you intend to marry in Ireland it would be wise to check whether this is possible with no legal status.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue May 15, 2012 11:52 am

In addition in your previous post you said that you had a 'friend' in the UK who you were planning on marrying. So is this woman your wife, or your friend who you are planning on marrying in order to remain in the UK/Ireland?
Arsenic wrote:Hi,

I have been living in Ireland since past 6 years now. I finished my bachelors degree and then was studying for ACCA. My visa expired in 2009 and since then i am illegal here and have been working illegally also paying my taxes. Is there a way i can obtain my visa back to study/work? if not can i go back to my country? I am most concerned about if they stop me at the airport for questioning that i was illegally living in Ireland? and can they take any action upon this? I am not sure.

Also one of my friend is UK citizen but and she recently got divorced. If she comes to Ireland and we get married? will i be entitled to stay here or not?

Thanks