ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIO application from Birmingham

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrproblem

PIO application from Birmingham

Post by mrproblem » Tue May 15, 2012 4:46 pm

Hello

I made PIO application for my daughter and I am still waiting for it. They have given me the date of collection as end of this month.

Because they gave me specific date to collect, I want to confirm once I get the PIO card is there anything I need to do before travelling like submission of British passport to get the sticker etc. The reason I am asking is for OCI, I was told once we get the approval, we need to submit the passport for putting a sticket. I hope that is not the case with PIO.

Also I hope I can travel as soon as I receive the PIO card in to my hand. The reason is I am planning to book the flights after the collection date. Can someone confirm me if there is any danger in this process.

Thank you

geek1981

Post by geek1981 » Thu May 17, 2012 1:53 pm

I don;t think there is anything else you need. PIO card + valid passport should let you in.

Check http://www.immigrationindia.nic.in/inst ... gners2.htm
Foreigners carrying a valid PIO (Person of Indian Origin) Card or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) Card along with their valid national passport are authorized to enter India without obtaining Indian visa separately. It is compulsary for foreigners who are OCIs to also carry the passport bearing the OCI 'U' visa sticker.