ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cisco Jobs in London

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uae_nri
Newly Registered

Cisco Jobs in London

Post by uae_nri » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:46 pm

Hi,

A search on jobserve for Cisco reveals quite a number of jobs in London and does look very attractive. Is there a strong demand for Cisco Skills in London and in UK in general ?

Thanks

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:39 pm

You may find a lot of vacancies on the net, not only to cisco but to any profession but once you apply..........................
Your nationality, country of education really matters..... This the experience of many expatriates professionals in UK.
I suggest you apply for HSMP Visa.

uae_nri
Newly Registered

Post by uae_nri » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:51 pm

I was hoping someone would reply. Thanks

I did not get your point though. U suggest to get a HSMP visa, I was referring to people with HSMP. Is there any other way to get IT jobs in UK from abroad. I am a bit curious on that.

So expats with HSMP do get IT jobs easily !

Cheers

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:51 pm

I just suggested you to try for HSMP as it is the easy way to land here. Once you are here you can look for a placement but I am not sure if there is a great demand for IT professionals here.

uae_nri
Newly Registered

Post by uae_nri » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:11 am

I suppose what you say are some realities of life. After your comments I was researching on the net and came across some facts.

- Junior level IT jobs seem to be outsourced to other countries to cut costs.
Ref URL, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5057192.stm

- Advanced Computer Networking Skills Shortage
"By 2008 the UK will face a shortage of almost 40,000 people with the advanced networking technology skills needed to drive UK business and productivity. Read the Cisco commissioned IDC whitepaper."

The Whitepaper can be found at http://www.cisco.com/global/UK/news/pdf ... _5_Oct.pdf

Hope this gives some insight to fellow members.

Cheers

Whatever

Cisco Jobs in UK

Post by Whatever » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:10 am

Hi All,

I am a CISCO professional (CCNP, CCDP, CCIE written) with HSMP approval (have applied for EC) & am wondering what the job scenario is like in the UK for CISCO engineers.

I have applied for jobs here & there but with NO response. People on the forum have been saying that one has to be physically present in the UK to get a job...otherwise the recruiters may not even call/email you when they see a foreign address/number on your resume.

So calling all CISCO/IT engineers working in the UK to give their views on the current CISCO job market in the UK?

Is it a good idea to leave the current job & go for UK on HSMP? Is it worth the risk?

Looking forward to the feedback...

regards,

Whatever

CISCO jobs in UK

Post by Whatever » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:33 pm

Any CISCO/IT engineers in UK...please respond...

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:00 pm

Lots of Cisco roles are there but most companies want other skills in addition to CISCO, some security, windows experience for example will make you more marketable. I've found that experience matters a lot more than qualifications in the UK.
'In everything give thanks'