ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Car Expense

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SOM73
BANNED

Car Expense

Post by SOM73 » Thu May 17, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi All,
Can anyone advice on Car Expense per month required in UK ?. I will be in UK on Tier2 ICT Visa for period of 2 years.

Do I need to buy a car or rent a car for a period of 2 years ?

If I rent a car then what would be car expense (Break up) per month like Car rental, car tax, car insurance, fuel expense per month etc.

Pl. Help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 17, 2012 1:29 pm

You may neither need to buy nor rent a car for 2 years if you can commute using public transport.

e.g. - if you live and work in let's say London, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Manchester, Bristol etc., cities with adequate public transport - you won;t need to buy or rent a car.

Tip: When you ask queries, be specific about your circumstances .. rather than asking vague questions that appear to make no sense. e.g. - expense on car depends on the distance you will travel by car. Without knowing where you will live and work, and how much will drive for other purposes ... how do you expect people to respond to your queries?

Search the web where you will find websites of rental companies and car dealers in the UK .... which display both the rental and sale prices.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

SOM73
BANNED

Post by SOM73 » Thu May 17, 2012 4:25 pm

I will live in a small town called Newton-le-Willows (Merseyside). My office is located at 13 miles away, so I will be travelling 26 miles every day.

I will be using car to travel to office and to groceries store, etc.

Can you please let me know the Car expense in detail.

Thanks

Som

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu May 17, 2012 8:40 pm

you need to do the research yourself. The cost of a car will depend on various factors, what type of car, what type of area you will be living in and for how long you have been driving, your age (for insurance purposes). How many miles you will be doing each week etc etc.

You can't expect people to spoon feed you. Do as has already been suggested and have a look at car rental or car dealerships. A simple google search for 'how much does it cost to run a car in the UK' will also come up with some useful sites.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:03 pm

I assume you plan to drive on a driving licence that is not issued by the UK in which case you will also need to think about how long will this licence be valid for in UK. You might have to apply for a UK licence after that validity period which is also an expense.

Also taking insurance on an international licence might be very expensive and so will the rental costs.

ankitv

Post by ankitv » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:54 pm

May be this will be of some help to OP.

http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/advic ... _table.jsp