ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meggles

WP to HSMP

Post by meggles » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:14 pm

becuase i may need to leave my current employer in the next few months i've thought about switching from my WP to HSMP. i'm tallied up my points and i'm quietly optimistic that i'll be eligible in a few months time.

my question is this- and it's a pretty basic one so i apoligize but i searched and couldn't see-

when i switch to HSMP do i need to continue to do the same kind of work that i'm doing now? my propose timeline is this:

Sep 03- Initial 2 year WP, FLR
Sep 05- Further 3 year WP, FLR
Feb 07- Apply for HSMP Visa
Sep 08- Apply for ILR based on (5) years working in UK using SET(O) Form
Sep 09- Apply for Citizenship

when i go for ILR in Sep 08, do i need to prove that i've been working in a high paying job? do i have to be in the same field.

the reason i ask these questions is that i'm comtemplating a large shift from a sales role to a healthcare role. am i "allowed" to make such a large shift?

Bhumi

converting Work permit to HSMP

Post by Bhumi » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:07 pm

hi ,

i am in the same situation as you. i have work permit iin March 04' . Now i am getting very good opportunities in different companies but cannot move due to my workpermit. Therefore i am going ot convert my visa catogory to HSMP and will apply in Feb 07'.

With regard to your question, the main idea of switching into HSMP visa is that you can switch to any job that suits you . currently i am working as a marketing and logistics MAnager in an IT company
but i have already got a job offer as a MAnager in a recruitment consultant company, which is far different from my current job disc. But later for proving LTR according ot my knowledge, you should still be able ot qualify and should have no problem....... becasue at that time it requires a lot more criteria than work exp. So dont worry about LTR.

However do let us know how you are getting along with your HSMP documetns...