ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is it possible to apply for ILR before 40 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shinetk9
Newly Registered

is it possible to apply for ILR before 40 days

Post by shinetk9 » Thu May 17, 2012 2:00 pm

hi all i need to travel to India on December 9th for my brother's wedding, my current visa is valid till 14th Jan 2013 and I need to be in India till 18th Jan. is it possible to apply for ILR before 35-40 days prio to current visa expiring by PEO so that I can travel with ILR, or it should be only 30 day before?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 17, 2012 2:07 pm

You can only apply 28 days before.

genorp

Post by genorp » Thu May 17, 2012 2:09 pm

You can apply no more than 28 days before your qualifying 5-year residency period.

Generally that coincides with the expiration but not always. If you delayed your entry to a period of less than 3 months after your entry clearance was granted then the case worker may count that period.

But the total period between entry clearance and application date can in no way be less than 5 years minus 28 days.