ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement and WP queries for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zishi

Bank Statement and WP queries for ILR

Post by zishi » Thu May 17, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi Guys,

I am in the final stages of putting my application and documentation together and have a couple of questions that I would like to ask

1. Halifax Bank Statements: I have received all my bank statements except one month. I am not sure why Halifax hasn't sent it despite me requesting the full 12 month period. To mitigate this, I have been to a branch and they have printed it on a white paper, it has been stamped and signed but it doesn't have a logo or name of the bank on top. It does say Halifax inside the stamp but that's just plain text and not a logo. Can you please advice if this will be an issue?
When I print my statement online, it does have everything that is mentioned in the guidance but they will not stamp it as I have printed it at home.

2. For my first two years, I was on work permit. I have payslips and bank statement for that period to show that I was working for them but I have just realized that I was getting paid more than what is mentioned on the work permit letter. The salary was increased after first three months probation period. Will this be a problem?.

Thanking you in anticipation.
Z

zishi

Post by zishi » Thu May 17, 2012 5:04 pm

Bump.

Any reply will be greatly appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Please be patient. People will respond if and when they wish to.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 17, 2012 6:27 pm

1). If the statement you got from Bank contains the signatures and stamp, then you don’t need to worry about it.

2). If you were getting paid less than what it was mentioned on WP Letter, then it could be an issue but I don’t see any issue in getting more pay. This should be a good thing not bad.

apsaps

Post by apsaps » Thu May 17, 2012 10:31 pm

1.) not to worry about.

2.) I was on work permit as well for initial Year with same case as yours .......I provide my original work permit for that year ...but not salary slips , Inact case worker asked for any doc like P60 for that year , which I carried

So please carry P60 for duration you were on work permit and don't worry regarding salary mentioned on work permit and what's there in your salary slips

Keep you basic doc with you like 5 year P60 or employment history.

Please read my post ILR success :croydon 16th May morning for full details and discussing wIth case worker

Thanks
APS

zishi

Post by zishi » Fri May 18, 2012 10:56 am

I was a little worried that a technical change may have been required then but I am now relieved that it will not cause any problems.

Thanks linkers and apsaps.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri May 18, 2012 12:23 pm

zishi wrote:I was a little worried that a technical change may have been required then but I am now relieved that it will not cause any problems.

Thanks linkers and apsaps.
Just to add onto the advice provided you may want to take a letter from your WP employer confirming your employment with them under WPNo reference with your job title.

Note that this letter isn't stated as a requirement, but there are few forum members who have submitted one with their ILR application just to make it easier for the Case Worker when it comes to verification. Technically speaking they should be able to do this using your payslips/P60 & Work Permit, but there have been cases where the case worker has said they need to confirm that you were working for them under the Work Permit during the time you say you have - resulting in a delay in processing the application.

From my understanding your employer would only have needed to apply for a new WP (not a technical change) if your job fell under a different SOC to that before. But from what you have mentioned I gather that this was not the case?

zishi

Post by zishi » Fri May 18, 2012 1:47 pm

I am not sure if SOC was introduced then as it was an old work permit issued in 2007. My designation or responsibilities did not change and it was only the salary that was increased.

The company has gone into liquidation since I left around 3 years back. Is there anything I should be careful about in this case where a company has gone into liquidation?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri May 18, 2012 2:20 pm

zishi wrote:I am not sure if SOC was introduced then as it was an old work permit issued in 2007. My designation or responsibilities did not change and it was only the salary that was increased.

The company has gone into liquidation since I left around 3 years back. Is there anything I should be careful about in this case where a company has gone into liquidation?
Based on what you are saying I wouldn't worry about it, as pay inceases unless significantly high (i.e. that could be interpreted as a job change) would be expected as part of normal employment. If you are going for a PEO application you can explain if asked. Plus carry your WP employment contract letter, WP & P60's for those years with you so that they are available to show the CW if necessary. If submitting a postal application, just enclose these with a covering letter & you should be fine.

I posted a question related to what was needed for WP period of employment, so you may find that useful to take a look at as well.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri May 18, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi Zishi

To the best of my knowledge the technical changes wont affect us as the HO has clearly mentioned that it'll be applicable to those people who got their Tier 2 on of after 6th April 2011 so that querry is resolved for you I believe.

The 2nd thing is that you shouldn't be getting worried for your company liquidation stuff as I believe that it has got nothing to do with your application.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

zishi

Post by zishi » Tue May 22, 2012 10:33 am

Thanks everyone for your replies so far. I have my appointment tomorrow and think I am now prepared with everything in hand.

I am just going through the form again and wanted to ask if I need to fill in the SOC Code, Current rate of Pay and other details in section 5.? I think I don't have to but it's good to confirm.

I was on old work permit for the first two years that was issued in 2007 and have been on Tier 1 for 3 years now.

Also, any last minute suggestions please.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue May 22, 2012 2:19 pm

zishi wrote:Thanks everyone for your replies so far. I have my appointment tomorrow and think I am now prepared with everything in hand.

I am just going through the form again and wanted to ask if I need to fill in the SOC Code, Current rate of Pay and other details in section 5.? I think I don't have to but it's good to confirm.

That's correct, you don't need to fill the SOC Code & associated rate of pay as you are applying for ILR as a Tier 1 migrant.

I was on old work permit for the first two years that was issued in 2007 and have been on Tier 1 for 3 years now.

Also, any last minute suggestions please.
Good luck for tomorrow! And please do share your PEO experience.

zishi

Post by zishi » Thu May 24, 2012 10:43 am

My appointment at Solihull yesterday went successful and I was granted ILR. It was a lot smooth than I thought it will be.

After passing through the security I was given a ticket number and I waited for approximately half an hour before being called to a counter. The lady at the counter was nice and pleasant and asked for application form and passport first.

After looking at the application form she asked for Life in the UK and then Payslips and Bank statements for last 12 months. I had already marked all the salary transactions and she thanked me for that.

I was awarded 4 points in court for speeding. She asked me if I got them in court and I said Yes. She replied, we may have a problem. I then gave her my Basic Disclosure from Disclosure Scotland and mentioned that there is nothing recorded against my name. She said, they will have to their own check.

She did something on her system for 5 minutes and gave me my passport back saying, I am happy to grant you ILR and you will now have to go to counter 6 for payment and then wait for Biometric.

I paid and waited 15 minutes before being called for biometric. It took 5 minutes for Biometric and the lady said it will take two hours so you can go out and have lunch if you want.

I went out and came back after two hours to collect my documents and letter.

A few things I would like to mention:

I had less than 90 days of total absences.
I had no dependents.
She did not ask anything for my first 2 years of Work Permit.
I was not asked for 5 years of P60s
I applied after completing full 5 years and not 28 days before.

Many thanks to all the forum specially who have replied to my queries. You guys have been of great help and this forum is a great platform.

My letter doesn't mention that I have been granted ILR. All it says is that "A Biometric Residence Card will be sent to you under separate cover. You should receive your permit(s) within 7 working days." Does everyone receive the same letter or does it normally mention that you have been granted ILR?

For the next step, how long do I need to wait to apply for a Passport?

Thanks,
Zishi.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu May 24, 2012 10:53 am

Hi Zishi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

I am so happy for your ILR success.

You've to live and wait for a continous 12 months period to apply for your Naturalization as a British Citizen and then after that you'll be eligble to apply for your British passport what I've seen from my friends experience you have to wait for another 16 odd months roughly.

Good luck for the future.

zishi

Post by zishi » Thu May 24, 2012 2:30 pm

Thanks Smam.

Just realized that Naturalization is not a piece of cake either. It takes almost 800 pounds and 3-4 months on average.

ILR is a step forward but there is still one more hurdle to go.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu May 24, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi

Brother dont count the money brother dont count it, I've lost the count for my self and Naturalization is not all that difficult to be honest with you on a positive note.

Its just the time you've to spend and that's all I can say Naturalization is a piece of cake unless and untill you haven't done any offense or any thing like that.

Good luck for your Naturalization.

zishi

Post by zishi » Mon May 28, 2012 11:48 am

Received my Bio Metric card today. 3rd working day from the date of appointment.