ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - WP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

t-bag

ILR - WP

Post by t-bag » Thu May 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Guys, the time of the application is coming soon as you'll understand that worries start to appear.

Here's the 2 questions i have after reading a lot on the forum, things start to get confusing :-(

1- Cohab docs.
Is it ok to send 1 of each type for every year? For example : 1 virgin bill for 2010, 1 NHS letter for 2010, 1 tv license bill for 2011, 1 DVLA letter for 2011 etc... i mean 2 or 3 (different document-type per year (if that makes sense)) instead of 4 bills of Virgin for 2010 and 4 bills of T-mobile for example for 2011.
The reason i'm asking is i may not have the same document available for ervery year : ie : 4 virgin bills for 2010, 4 virgin bills for 2011 etc...

2- Funds.
I KNOW it's not a requirement, but my bank account shows negative balance for the last year, which is compensated by the salary which goes in. I'm being paid 1500 every month for the last year and i've got a 1200 overdraft. So every month for the last 12 months, the start and end balance is always approx -1100. Will that create a problem?? :oops: :oops: Savings?? I've only got 500 in savings :oops:

Applying next month for myself (WP) + 1 dependant

Please advise...

apsaps

Post by apsaps » Thu May 17, 2012 9:43 pm

Hi Dear,

Understand your tensions , it's normal but just to confident and prepare your documents well . Wrt your points :

1.)Are The documents are in name of your wife ? I'll advise you to carry as much doc as you can ..keep them in your bag ...who knows what the case worker may ask ..In my case the lady was least bothered about cohab docs and just asked 1 doc from each year that too looked formality.

2.) Maintenance fund is NOT a requirement for ILR , as far as your salary slips amount and the same amount reflects in your bank statements in OK.

Your case looks OK .....

Let me know, if you need any further help.

Thanks
APS

t-bag

Re

Post by t-bag » Thu May 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Aps,

Thx for your response - yes the docs are in my wife's name. I don't need to provide Co-ab for myself too, do I???

Thx again!!

apsaps

Post by apsaps » Thu May 17, 2012 10:12 pm

It would be better if you have letters which are addressed to both of you like council tax bill , rent agreement , utility bills etc

If it's only in your wife's names It will be nice if you also have some letters address to you for same year.

Cohab generally means that you have been together at same address.

OR if you have bank statements for 2 years than your wife could easily use doc which you mentioned since the address on those docs and your bank statement will match.

I am available for next 30 min, let me know if you need any help.

Also refer my today's post ILR Success@croydon 16th May morning - I have given each step which happened during my ILR last day.

Hope it helps matee.

Thanks,
APS

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Thu May 17, 2012 10:19 pm

Dear t-bag,

As far as I know dear you need to provide the Cohab documents for both of you that is why is called Cohab so either you can provide joint bills or seperate bills for the same time period for each of you. In my case case worker took 3 different documents apparently those documents has both of our names at it. Just an advise you can provide any documents like tenancy agreements, nhs letters/nhs card, bank statements and any letter.

In terms of the funds according to the application form you need to have sufficient funds to accomodate youreself and dependant however as long as you have the income and money comes and goes you will be fine.

Good luck dear any questions let me know

t-bag

Re

Post by t-bag » Thu May 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Guys thanks a lot - that helped me a LOT!!

Fingers crossed and will let u know how it went!!

Thanks!!

t-bag

How is my hourly pay calculated??

Post by t-bag » Fri May 25, 2012 11:19 am

Got an issue to fill in the gaps on the SET(O) form. My WP states 25000 / y for 40 hrs/week.

1 - How do i calculate the hourly pay?? 25K / (40*52)?? If yes, what about the 28 days yearly leave?? Is that included?? I'm really confused, cos i don't work weekends!! So it can't be divided by 52 ?!!... Confused Confused Confused Confused God, i'm confused!! I just want to know how does UKBA calculates this to make sure i'm above the normal SOC Code salary.

2- What is the SOC code yearly pay based on?? 37.5 hrs/week??

3 - What data (timewise) does UKBA use? Data on the P60 over the years divided by 4? Or the last P60 yearly salary?

4 - What data shall i use?? to fil the info on the form? Average of my last 3 payslips? My last pay slip data ? Data on the P60 over the years divided by 4? Or the last P60 yearly salary?

Yes, it's quite confusing, cos all my salaries are +/- 200 or 300 different. This is due to overtime so the basic pay is quite difficult to define Sad

Please help, cos i'm really struggling to understand here.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 25, 2012 12:32 pm

If you work 40 hours / week, then your (min.) annual salary as per COP should be:
hourly rate (as given in COP) * 40 * 52

AFAIK, the CW will use the data that your payslip reflects and examine it against the details that your letter from employer specifies (COP code - hourly rate).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

t-bag

Re :

Post by t-bag » Fri May 25, 2012 1:07 pm

Sush, thanks a BILLION for answering. Sorry for being stupid, but COP = SOC code, right?

Also, will CW use the LAST payslip or an average of the 3?? Cos my payslips are all different (ie : 2500 in March, 2300 in April and 2600 in May etc... and this is more or less the same for about approx the last year).

Which data shall i use then? The minimum or the max of my payslips?

Yes, i know, quite confusing... :-(

Thanks in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 25, 2012 1:18 pm

COP = codes of practice
SOC = Standard occupational classification.
SOCs are mentioned in the COPs.

With the equation I have given above, what is the (min.) annual salary for your SOC? Divide that figure by 12. Your monthly salary (in the payslip) should be at least or above this amount.
What does the WP state as your annual salary? Using the equation I had given above, your annual should be at least or more than what your WP states.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

t-bag

Re:

Post by t-bag » Fri May 25, 2012 1:45 pm

Excellent, guess this clarifies A LOT!!

Thanks again!! :wink: