ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Planning to get admitted in ACCA, few queries help please

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rasellittle
Newly Registered

Planning to get admitted in ACCA, few queries help please

Post by rasellittle » Thu May 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Hello. I am planning to get admission in ACCA, i have finished my MBA just this month. I have got student visa until 31 December, 2012. I am married and my wife is here as my dependent. I am planning to get admission in BPP education as i heard that from there ACCA student gets 20 hrs permit to work. I am wondering that-

1. If i get admitted for january and apply for visa in december, will i still be treated as established presence studying to qualify to show reduced living cost for myself of £2000, or i have to show £9000 pounds.

2. I will take 14 papers of ACCA as i know which will make it LEVEL 7, as only then my wife can get dependent visa. please ensure me on this.

3. On december 2012, it will be 7 years and 9 months i am living in this country which includes 2 years PSW visa. I heard that up to 8 years will be granted as student. If i apply in december it will be 3 months less than 8 years, i am wondering if i will get the visa for the required amount of time to finish ACCA nearly 3 years.

Please help me to clear my understanding. I appreciate much for any feedback. Thanks.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Sat May 19, 2012 11:45 am

Refer to the progression rule if you are looking to extend your student visa. It specifies that the new course needs to complement your existing study if they are on the same level (in your case an MBA) OR it needs to be at a higher level (In your case it should be a PhD). Depending whether your MBA was related to accountancy in any way then ACCA would be a valid progression.

However knowing that ACCA is a professional qualification (Not a degree...even though some would argue that it is equivalent to a degree) and have been abused by students in the past to prolong their stay...(I am saying this as I am an ACCA student for past 2 1\2 years and have witnessed student abusing this route just to stay and work),there would always be a risk that UKBA might not look at it very favorably.

Assuming that you have done your MBA from a university and not from a college and have a recognized degree, PhD might be a safer option (albeit an expensive one!).

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Sat May 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Deepshithole2010 wrote:been abused by students in the past to prolong their stay
That is what he wanted to do aswell!

And still, everybody is going for ACCA not that all wanted to become accountant or ACCA is easy. Actually at the moment, ACCA is the cheapest course available in UK with 20 hours work permission i.e.£3600 per year with 2.5/3 years visa in one go.