ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

German Student Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hunain
Newly Registered

German Student Visa

Post by hunain » Fri May 18, 2012 5:09 am

Hi, I am applying for German Student as I am non EU citizen, living in UK for last 5 years. I have recently been convicted for using my friend oyster card,and being fined along with criminal record. I wanted to ask, if it is necessary to mention in German Visa Application about this conviction. Can I get away with it, without being mentioned about my conviction. Please give me suggestion...

Thanks

uk4rex.co.uk
Newly Registered

Re: German Student Visa

Post by uk4rex.co.uk » Fri May 18, 2012 5:22 am

hunain wrote:Hi, I am applying for German Student as I am non EU citizen, living in UK for last 5 years. I have recently been convicted for using my friend oyster card,and being fined along with criminal record. I wanted to ask, if it is necessary to mention in German Visa Application about this conviction. Can I get away with it, without being mentioned about my conviction. Please give me suggestion...

Thanks
What is your current immigration status in the UK?

hunain
Newly Registered

German Student Visa

Post by hunain » Fri May 18, 2012 5:29 am

Right now I am on PSW, which is going to expire in this september

uk4rex.co.uk
Newly Registered

Post by uk4rex.co.uk » Fri May 18, 2012 5:33 am

hunain wrote:Right now I am on PSW, which is going to expire in this september
I am very used to EEA route and this part of the forum is for EEA and Non-EEA applications, nevertheless I will like to know what PSW is?

hunain
Newly Registered

Post by hunain » Fri May 18, 2012 5:35 am

it is working visa, which you normally get after your graduation in UK

uk4rex.co.uk
Newly Registered

Post by uk4rex.co.uk » Fri May 18, 2012 5:42 am

hunain wrote:it is working visa, which you normally get after your graduation in UK
Okay in that case you need to check with German Embassy in London if you can apply for student visa from the UK or you will have to apply from your home country which is always the case for some visa national.

hunain
Newly Registered

Post by hunain » Fri May 18, 2012 5:51 am

I know I can apply from here in London. My question is that if it is necessary to mention my conviction in the visa form...

uk4rex.co.uk
Newly Registered

Post by uk4rex.co.uk » Fri May 18, 2012 6:03 am

hunain wrote:I know I can apply from here in London. My question is that if it is necessary to mention my conviction in the visa form...
Of case you have to declare all convictions if questioned in the application form or interviews otherwise it might harm you in future if it came to their attention that you have lied in your previous application.

Note: not all convictions are recorded as the SPS sometimes ignore or choose not to add or update your file accordingly i.e. if you fell among the lucky once, you can do basic CRB check of yourself online for less than £50.00 just to be 100% sure is on your record.

Have seen 3 in 10 cases were their convictions are not on record and was able to get ILR in this country as a result of failed system which work in favor for some and against for others.

Another question that needed to be answer are:
when were you convicted?
what was your sentence i.e. fine or community service
because a sent conviction might not need to be disclosed.

hunain
Newly Registered

Post by hunain » Fri May 18, 2012 6:52 am

I have been convicted recently. I was fined by magistrate court,as I was using my friend travel card.

uk4rex.co.uk
Newly Registered

Post by uk4rex.co.uk » Fri May 18, 2012 6:59 am

hunain wrote:I have been convicted recently. I was fined by magistrate court,as I was using my friend travel card.
For convictions that carry fine, it has to be spent after five years starting from the date of conviction, you might as well check your CRB....

Wish you best of luck in your German Student Application.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri May 18, 2012 11:12 am

you can visit your area's police website and they have a form there which you can fill and either take to them or post them it was £10 some months ago so hopefully its the same price

http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Da ... 0005854470

So if you are clear in that form means if they are not mentioning anything in it then I don’t see the point to tell about what happened.

Nihil_Baxter
Newly Registered

Post by Nihil_Baxter » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:27 am

Hello together,
I can recommend the website http://www.start-your-study.de/en/
This site is informing you about the different possibilitys of getting a Visa in Germany. And they are helping with the application of it.

Hope it´ll help.
Best regards.

Ahsan888
Newly Registered

Post by Ahsan888 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:25 am

Nihil_Baxter wrote:Hello together,
I can recommend the website http://www.start-your-study.de/en/
This site is informing you about the different possibilitys of getting a Visa in Germany. And they are helping with the application of it.

Hope it´ll help.
Best regards.
Thanks you share an informative website