ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email from embassy

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

missdi
Newly Registered

Email from embassy

Post by missdi » Fri May 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Hello!

I have a quick question... I applied for a fiancee visa not more than a month ago, i took all my documents to the embassy in Mexico city and they were sent to Bogota Colombia for review, i just recieved an email from the embassy today;

Dear Applicant,

Your passport and documents have been returned from Bogota and are ready for collection.

Please do not make any travel arrangements or book any flights until you have collected your passport from this office.

And then says the times that i can pick up my documents.

- Is this something that people always gets when applying for visas?
- is there anyway to know if it was approved or denied before i travel to Mexico city?
- is this a good sign, bad or im just being paranoid?

thanks for your replies :)

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Sat May 19, 2012 3:16 am

- Is this something that people always gets when applying for visas?
Yes, they always say.
- is there anyway to know if it was approved or denied before i travel to Mexico city?
What if it is denied. Would you not receive and collect your documents.
- is this a good sign, bad or im just being paranoid?
Just chill mate. The decision is already made. Its positive as far as my experience says.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat May 19, 2012 11:00 am

shargaur wrote: Its positive as far as my experience says.
Based on what information?

The types and scope of notification vary depending on the location. Emails from fco.gov.uk may sometimes be sent to confirm a visa application has been successful. However, even with successful applications the fco.gov.uk email may sometimes only say that the application is ready for collection, and fco.gov.uk emails never say that an application has been refused. Emails from the Worldbridge VAC never confirm if an application has been successful; merely that the passport has returned and is ready for collection. Your post seems to indicate that the email is from Worldbridge.

Basically, your email gives no indication of the decision and you will have to wait until you open the letter.

psb

Post by psb » Sat May 19, 2012 11:59 am

I suspect that they do not want to give bad news to applicants and they go charged up and angry armed with something to the embassy. The applicants find out after they open the envelope outside the embassy probably.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat May 19, 2012 12:06 pm

The reason that no notice of refusal is given by email is that a complete explanation of the reason for the refusal must also be given at the same time (in a letter that comes with the passport, often with additional paperwork and application forms relating to appeal rights). You can't do all of that is simple email.

missdi
Newly Registered

Post by missdi » Sat May 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Thanks for all replies, so then it might have been approved or maybe it didnt and i wont know until i pick up my documents, kinda saw that comming :( wish they could say it beforehand but u are all right. Anyways wish me luck ill know soon :shock:

missdi
Newly Registered

FIANCEE VISA

Post by missdi » Tue May 29, 2012 8:27 am

Hello guys, just wanted to say that the FIANCEE visa got APPROVED!
it only took like 15 days to be processed which i was amazed!

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: FIANCEE VISA

Post by Loveislovely » Tue May 29, 2012 4:00 pm

missdi wrote:Hello guys, just wanted to say that the FIANCEE visa got APPROVED!
it only took like 15 days to be processed which i was amazed!
Congrats!
Please come back with more success stories in the future
All for one, one for all..... Peace