ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ukba changes Life - in a bad way.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

redpepper140
Newly Registered

Ukba changes Life - in a bad way.

Post by redpepper140 » Sat May 19, 2012 4:10 pm

My friend made a psw application in march'12 and gave biometric on 10.04.12. He learnt in first week of may'12 that his father was admitted in the hospital, he was very serious and doctors gave up on him, advising that he is in his last stage of cancer. He immediately wrote a letter to ukba, who did not bother to write back to him nor they provided any help over the phone.He kept trying all his best to get doc's back sooner through ukba or even travel doc's through embassy but nothing worked. While he was trying his best to meet his father asap, he received a call from his sister informing him of his father's death. The funeral was conducted the following day.

A son couldn't see his father and say his last goodbye nor could a father see his son before he closed his eyes forever.
This shouldn't happen to anyone. Why god?

My friend felt helpless, all he could do is wait for ukba to get back to him, which he is still doing as his family advised him to, they also advised him that whatever had to happen has happened and it's better for his future to leave uk on receiving visa.

But how does this impact ukba....no way?
The only one who do suffer is applicants.

I think ukba should have an option for applicants to go through a fastrack service once they have made application by paying an extra fee or withdraw application and receive it asap, preferably within 3 days.

They should also be fined for not meeting service standards and/or every year based on service standards they have met their annual budget should be decided. Low service standard (which is not difficult for ukba), lesser the budget granted to invest for coming year.

Their average charge per application is £212 but look at the amt they charge applicants and offer rubbish service and call themselves advanced.
Not one, two or three they are wrong everything and fail miserably to achieve standards and meet customer service targets.

I have advised my friend to take his issue through his local MP.
Can anyone advice any effective ways of complaining, which does not go onto deaf ears.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: Ukba changes Life - in a bad way.

Post by Tier 4 » Sat May 19, 2012 6:52 pm

redpepper140 wrote:My friend made a psw application in march'12 and gave biometric on 10.04.12. He learnt in first week of may'12 that his father was admitted in the hospital, he was very serious and doctors gave up on him, advising that he is in his last stage of cancer. He immediately wrote a letter to ukba, who did not bother to write back to him nor they provided any help over the phone.He kept trying all his best to get doc's back sooner through ukba or even travel doc's through embassy but nothing worked. While he was trying his best to meet his father asap, he received a call from his sister informing him of his father's death. The funeral was conducted the following day.

A son couldn't see his father and say his last goodbye nor could a father see his son before he closed his eyes forever.
This shouldn't happen to anyone. Why god?

Could not agree more

My friend felt helpless, all he could do is wait for ukba to get back to him, which he is still doing as his family advised him to, they also advised him that whatever had to happen has happened and it's better for his future to leave uk on receiving visa.

But how does this impact ukba....no way?
The only one who do suffer is applicants.

I think ukba should have an option for applicants to go through a fastrack service once they have made application by paying an extra fee or withdraw application and receive it asap, preferably within 3 days.

They should also be fined for not meeting service standards and/or every year based on service standards they have met their annual budget should be decided. Low service standard (which is not difficult for ukba), lesser the budget granted to invest for coming year.

Their average charge per application is £212 but look at the amt they charge applicants and offer rubbish service and call themselves advanced.
Not one, two or three they are wrong everything and fail miserably to achieve standards and meet customer service targets.

I have advised my friend to take his issue through his local MP.
Can anyone advice any effective ways of complaining, which does not go onto deaf ears.
Could not agree more
N/A

GB09

UKBA Complaint Website

Post by GB09 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:53 pm

Perhaps, the below website would help you to make a complaint to UKBA

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... o-complain

tier-1

Re: UKBA Complaint Website

Post by tier-1 » Wed May 23, 2012 7:07 pm

I had a similar case and I raised the issue through my MP. This helped expedite the case and I got the decision on my application within five days.