ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings Period Confusion (Three Employers, Different Dates)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mhkhan

Earnings Period Confusion (Three Employers, Different Dates)

Post by mhkhan » Sun May 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Dear All,

I couldn't get an answer related to my query from search results hence am posting my question.

I will show earnings from three employers for my Tier 1 G extension.

The period for each should be April 2011 to March 2012. The confusion is on the exact dates for start and finish. The pay dates for one employer varied for e.g. Salary of April 2011 was paid on April 26 but for May it was paid on June 2. There was no fixed date by this employer but more like a salary window between 25th of each month to 7th of next month.

Q1. How do I put down the earnings period for this employer when the earning dates look like 25th April 2011 to 7th April 2012 ( this being the salary for March 2012). Would that not seem to PEO that I am including pro-rata salary but I am actually showing the salary was paid in arrears in the next month.

Q. 2 If I start my TOTAL earnings period from for. e.g 25th April 2011 to 24th March 2012, I lose out on the earnings for the period of March 2012 from another employer who paid me on 28th March. Is there any solution to this?

Hope I was clear enough in my query.

Many thanks for your time.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sun May 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Hello mhkhan
The previous earnings refers to the 'work done' in the last 12-months period and is calculated considering when you worked irrespective of when that work was paid. Point 78 of Tier 1 Guidance Notes. So under J4, you would put the period of 12-month you have worked for, which you have stated as April 2011 to March 2012. What you will have to do is show clear statements that all your pay slips fall within this period, irrespective of the pay date. Also, to avoid confusion I would do the following
1.Highlight the payments of each employers with different colour: Employer 1-Red, Employer 2-Blue, Employer 3-Green.
2. Then explain each employers 'work done' period in J5. of application form, mention the colour code given.
3. If you are showing bank statements as second proof of earnings, use same colour coding for each payment from respective employers.

Note: It is the work done period, the applicant is asked for. So if you give clear explanation of the work done period against the payment received dates for that work, then it would not be a problem. Your work done period is still for consecutive 12 months period.

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Sun May 20, 2012 4:16 pm

Dear silent_warrior,

Many thanks for your answer. Very helpful indeed.