ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2012 processing times for EEA2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rainbow76
Newly Registered

2012 processing times for EEA2

Post by rainbow76 » Mon May 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Can anyone shed any light on the current processing times for 2012 EEA2 applications?

I sent my application in January and it was received on January 21.

I did not receive my COA until March after I contacted them via post to enquire after the COA which has not been sent.

The COA letter is dated February 16.

I have subsequently contacted them via email using the passport email to enquire after my application. They first asked for a case ID number which I provided, then were unable to update me on what was happening with my application.

In fact, they emailed me a copy of info on the website which stated not to contact them to check on progress.

I have read other people have received a reply using the email as to where their application was at (e.g. allocated to case worker).

At what point should I be writing to them again to enquire after the application? I am somewhat anxious about the time it will take as I have one major outcome which is dependent on this EEA2 being approved and sent back before July.

Any advice anyone?

onthemoon
Newly Registered

Post by onthemoon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:29 pm

it is absolutely against the human rights that UKBA decide eea2 application within 6months,because they decide application for studies,work and indefinite leave on the same day and application on marriage with british citizen within days.
I donot know why they take soo long in such an advanced country.
The eea2 application should be decided in one month or maximum in two months in complix situation,but in simple cases it sholuld be decided within days.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:02 pm

If I were in a similar situation, I would request back my passport and other documents. Their procedures state that if the application is more than 3 months old, they should then consider urgently issuing the Residence Card for return with the travel documents.

sofia.d.c

Post by sofia.d.c » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:49 pm

"if the application is more than 3 months old, they should then consider urgently issuing the Residence Card for return with the travel documents."

Where does it say that?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:59 pm

sofia.d.c wrote:"if the application is more than 3 months old, they should then consider urgently issuing the Residence Card for return with the travel documents."

Where does it say that?
See Chapter 10 - Priority cases and return of documents although it doesn't mean this guideline is followed...