ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child birth and NHS

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

catchvp
Newly Registered

Child birth and NHS

Post by catchvp » Sun May 06, 2012 8:25 pm

Just wanted some more information regarding the expenses around the delivery while working on Tier-2 ICT visa.

Please let me know.

Cheers,
Vishal.

anilpjo
Newly Registered

Post by anilpjo » Mon May 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi

Sorry Vishal..I was not looking this forum quite sometime.. If your wife is registered with your local GP. Then everything is absolutely free of Cost through NHS...GP will refer your wife to the concerned midwife..And they will arrange for regular scans etc...Your wife will get an maternity exemption card which will be valid upto one year after the due date..If any thing specific you like to know please let me know

Regards
Anil

help4uk
BANNED

help

Post by help4uk » Tue May 22, 2012 2:39 am

since ur on T2 Visa ur not entitled to public funds NHS is totaly free for you and for ur wife and baby but make sure when ur wife goes to midwife they will offer for Child Benifit and or Type of benifit dnt take any benifit it will create a neagtive impact on ur visa status