ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO- 21st May - Croydon- Bad Experience!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saqib389

PEO- 21st May - Croydon- Bad Experience!!!

Post by saqib389 » Mon May 21, 2012 6:22 pm

I went to PEO today at Croydon and had a bad Experience!!

My Appointment was at 11:00 and they took our Biomatrics around 12:35 and asked us to wait.

At 4:00pm they have asked us to come into the couter and then took all of our papers and said that there is a problem in Biomatrics system and we are taking papers from all applicatins who gave their Biomatrics after 11:00

They said we are really sorry for this but we will let you know as soon as the decision made.

They have taken my number and mentioned that they will inform me as soon as they decide anything about my application.

I have paid huge amount of PEO fee and end up with nothing at the end...

Was anyone in the same situation or faced this issue before ?

How long it usually takes them to decide about this ?

Please help!!!

iffi786

Re: PEO- 21st May - Croydon- Bad Experience!!!

Post by iffi786 » Mon May 21, 2012 6:54 pm

My appointment waz 8 o clock and I got my Visa back within 2 hours sory for u and best of luck

pareshvoa1
Newly Registered

Post by pareshvoa1 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:55 pm

I had similer problem on 4th may..and I am still waiting for them to call me back...I dont know why they took £300 extra?

I have been told documents have been sent to sheffield. some of the people who applied on 8th had some problems but 2 of them got aprroval letter this week..there were 3 people with me and none of them had any reply yet!

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Mon May 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Thats really strange...

I did mention that i am flying on 5th June so i need my decision ASAP.

she said there are two options, either you withdraw the application if you won't receive visa till then or delay your flight.

She said, she is putting a note in my file that you have travelling plan etc so that can be deal on urgent basis..

I wish i could shoot her !!!!!!!!!!!!!

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Mon May 21, 2012 8:04 pm

Same was my case, I also had my appointment today at 11:45 AM, and here's my experience.

11:15: Reached Lunar house.
11:20: Completed security check and waiting in queue.
11:25: Reception officer validated application form, to check if the correct form was used and issued ticket number and instructed to make payment in 1st floor
11:40: Payment made and waiting to be called.
11:50: Called by case worker, she asked for ticket slip, payment receipt, passport, application form and photographs. I had the photos in a envelope and used a paper clip to clip it to the app. form page in such a manner that photos were not damaged (as instructed). I removed the pics from the envelope and handed it over to her.

She took about 15 mins, looking at application form, passport and then finally stapled the pics to the sheet in my application form and handed my form, passport, payment receipt and ticket slip back to me asked me to wait in the same floor as I will be called again.

14:15: I was called for the biometric, where I was given a sheet and asked to answer two questions,
1. If I had ever used a different name before to apply for visa ?
2. If I had given biometrics before? If yes, where and which year ? This was during my initial entry clearance before 3 years.
After this my biometrics (finger prints) were taken and a picture was taken as well. I was asked to wait in the central region in the same floor until called again.

In between an announcement was made twice that there was a IT problem due to which the biometrics results were delayed (don't know what that meant) and regret any inconvenience caused.

16:10: My ticket number was called and the guy (am not convinced he was even a case worker) at the counter said since their systems are down, they can't make a decision today and that they'd just collect the documents and take down my phone number and give me a call.

When I asked if my application will be treated as a postal application? he again repeated that the systems were down and can't make a decision today and that I should expect a phone call. When I asked in how much time I can expect a call, he said he doesn't know.

Finally without much of a choice, I started submitting documents, and he questioned as to what my dividend vouchers are ? I explained I was showing a combination of payslips and dividend vouchers. It came as a surprise he didn't know what dividend vouchers were. Also, he kept fluttering around and was not calm and composed.

After submitting all documentation, I remembered the other lady had stapled my photographs, and I mentioned that to him and asked if I should submit a new set of photographs which aren't damaged, and he said yes. I again wrote down my names on the back of the other 2 photographs I was carrying with me and submitted the same. This is again a surprise as the lady shouldn't have stapled them in, in the first place.

He gave me a copy of a sheet in which a lady nearby him wrote down all the documents I had submitted, which also says 'Receipt for premium service, with details such as amount paid, my full name and address' and a line which says 'please proceed to the interview area, keep this receipt safe'.

Now I think it is a wait for maybe 2 / 3 weeks ?. It is disappointing that you pay extra 300 for the premium service and I had also taken the day off ( lose my contract rate for the day) and not having done with it the same day. The biggest disappointment is that I have to now put on hold my other plans until I have this sorted out.

Anyway I will update this post once I hear back from them. Best luck to other guys going for PEO appointments. I have had other friends for whom the PEO worked on the same day, just that it was bad timing for me and few folks who came in today.

Regards,
OR
Last edited by O_Relly on Mon May 21, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon May 21, 2012 8:09 pm

psb

Post by psb » Mon May 21, 2012 8:24 pm

There was another turned away at Croydon today:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=103692

allgo

Post by allgo » Mon May 21, 2012 10:48 pm

hmm thats scary.. I have mine next week.. fingers crossed and hoping for the best

pareshvoa1
Newly Registered

Post by pareshvoa1 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:35 am

i know people its horrible...and we cant do nothing
:(

psb

Post by psb » Wed May 23, 2012 10:55 am

I wonder if anyone else was turned away by UKBA Croydon yesterday 22 May and today 23 May because of IT problems.

mumchantel
Newly Registered

Post by mumchantel » Wed May 23, 2012 1:48 pm

We had the same experience on 21 May ! We waited with our 2 kids for over 6 hours only to be told that they couldnt do anything ! So we sit in limbo, minus any documentation and nearly £1000 short for paying for a premium service ! I asked the guy at the counter to get a refund if they were not processing it that day, and he said there were no procedures in place for refunds. When I get ILR, I will definitely be writing a letter to ask for some sort of refund. The guys sid about 1 - 2 weeks but from what you guys are saying on the forum, I fear it may be more :-(

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:05 pm

mumchantel wrote:We had the same experience on 21 May ! We waited with our 2 kids for over 6 hours only to be told that they couldnt do anything ! So we sit in limbo, minus any documentation and nearly £1000 short for paying for a premium service ! I asked the guy at the counter to get a refund if they were not processing it that day, and he said there were no procedures in place for refunds. When I get ILR, I will definitely be writing a letter to ask for some sort of refund. The guys sid about 1 - 2 weeks but from what you guys are saying on the forum, I fear it may be more :-(
What was your Token number ?

mumchantel
Newly Registered

Post by mumchantel » Wed May 23, 2012 2:13 pm

180 & 135

What was your Token number ?[/quote]

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:38 pm

mumchantel wrote:180 & 135

What was your Token number ?
My Token number was 141 - The Unlucky number

mumchantel
Newly Registered

Post by mumchantel » Wed May 23, 2012 2:41 pm

My Token number was 141 - The Unlucky number[/quote]

Im just so frustrated at everything being put on hold and no number to call etc to find out the progress !

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:02 pm

mumchantel wrote:My Token number was 141 - The Unlucky number
Im just so frustrated at everything being put on hold and no number to call etc to find out the progress !

Same here!! I was offered another job and their condition is to show the proof that I can legally work in the UK but don’t know what to do know, it’s very good opportunity but very confused that if I resign from here then the new job would require the passport which I don’t have at the moment.

Feel like killing myself!

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Wed May 23, 2012 3:45 pm

mumchantel wrote:We had the same experience on 21 May ! We waited with our 2 kids for over 6 hours only to be told that they couldnt do anything ! So we sit in limbo, minus any documentation and nearly £1000 short for paying for a premium service ! I asked the guy at the counter to get a refund if they were not processing it that day, and he said there were no procedures in place for refunds. When I get ILR, I will definitely be writing a letter to ask for some sort of refund. The guys sid about 1 - 2 weeks but from what you guys are saying on the forum, I fear it may be more :-(
Sorry to hear about your experience mate. And am glad to hear that someone got the balls to ask for a refund. I would do the same if this will happen to me. Its not fair. People who pay for primium service should get one else they should give their money back or atleast the difference.

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:52 pm

longshift wrote:
Sorry to hear about your experience mate. And am glad to hear that someone got the balls to ask for a refund. I would do the same if this will happen to me. Its not fair. People who pay for primium service should get one else they should give their money back or atleast the difference.
I think they have legally covered this bit because they did confirm in ukba website that it is not guaranteed that PEO service will give you result in one day so in the case they are safe and won't really refund but yes.. worth trying..

mumchantel
Newly Registered

Post by mumchantel » Wed May 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Same here!! I was offered another job and their condition is to show the proof that I can legally work in the UK but don’t know what to do know, it’s very good opportunity but very confused that if I resign from here then the new job would require the passport which I don’t have at the moment.

Feel like killing myself![/quote]

Oh no, that's awful ! I hope you get notified really soon - perhaps explaining the situation to new work will make them understand its beyond your control. I wish they Home office gave us something more substantial.
Is it not worth considering that your immigration status while applying for ILR is as though your visa is still valid (up to 6 months ?) ?

mumchantel
Newly Registered

Post by mumchantel » Wed May 23, 2012 4:05 pm

Sorry to hear about your experience mate. And am glad to hear that someone got the balls to ask for a refund. I would do the same if this will happen to me. Its not fair. People who pay for primium service should get one else they should give their money back or atleast the difference.[/quote]

I think they have legally covered this bit because they did confirm in ukba website that it is not guaranteed that PEO service will give you result in one day so in the case they are safe and won't really refund but yes.. worth trying..[/quote]

Thanks, although I definitely think I will try ! It is more frustrating that we have no knowledge of where we stand in the process and are not there to plead our case if they wanted any further documentation

psb

Post by psb » Wed May 23, 2012 10:29 pm

It happened again today. It looks like a disaster at Croydon. I wonder how must the government paid for this appalling IT system.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=103870

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Thu May 24, 2012 8:12 am

Has anyone noticed that its always the AFTERNOON APPOINTMENTS and its always CROYDON. I think something is fishy with this PEO.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu May 24, 2012 11:34 am

Mod's please delete irrelevant threads. Duplicate again.
Give me more Karma (+)

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi Guys,

I have managed to book the appointment of 1st June 2012 again, do you think its worth me going there again and ask them the status of my application and push them to take the decision now as I have another PEO appointment.

I was affected from Crap biometrics system on 21st May and they took my documents and asked me to go home and we will give you a call as soon as we decide anything.

Any thoughts on this ?

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Thu May 24, 2012 4:24 pm

saqib389 wrote:Hi Guys,

I have managed to book the appointment of 1st June 2012 again, do you think its worth me going there again and ask them the status of my application and push them to take the decision now as I have another PEO appointment.

I was affected from Crap biometrics system on 21st May and they took my documents and asked me to go home and we will give you a call as soon as we decide anything.

Any thoughts on this ?
mate, you don't need an appointment to chase your case. Just go there tell them your urgency, like the other guy did on this forum.

And with regards to the biometric system failure, I think its just an excuse of UKBA. They just can't cope up with all the work load and hence they are taking the premium money from people and sending their files to sheffield. This way the work load is shared between them all.

Hope thats not the case with you and you get your result soon. Good Luck.