ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Your status when application submitted

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cpq.hims
BANNED

Your status when application submitted

Post by cpq.hims » Mon May 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Hello guys, i filed for my tier 1 extension last week and my visa is running out in first week of june...i decided to file last week as per UKBA guideline to file for extension under 28 days....

i was reading the threds on blog and found out that there acknowledgemet letters are taking upto one month...my visa will expire before that...my employer need acknolwedgement letter in order for me to continue to employment??? what can i tell them if worst case scenario happens and i havn't received my acknowledgement letter by then????

please advise eagerly awaiting your reply...
thanks

cpq.hims
BANNED

Post by cpq.hims » Mon May 21, 2012 10:19 pm

also i used baner draft - so there is no way for me to find out whats happening?

cpq.hims
BANNED

Post by cpq.hims » Mon May 21, 2012 10:39 pm

anyone???....all my panic buttons are on after reading the threads about acknowledgement letter :(

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Your status when acknowledgement letter is not received

Post by silent_warrior » Mon May 21, 2012 11:49 pm

cpq.hims wrote:Hello guys, i filed for my tier 1 extension last week and my visa is running out in first week of june...i decided to file last week as per UKBA guideline to file for extension under 28 days....

i was reading the threds on blog and found out that there acknowledgemet letters are taking upto one month...my visa will expire before that...my employer need acknolwedgement letter in order for me to continue to employment??? what can i tell them if worst case scenario happens and i havn't received my acknowledgement letter by then????

please advise eagerly awaiting your reply...
thanks
Yes, it will be at least a little over a month to receive your acknowledgement letter. In the meantime, have your employer call the helpline 0300 123 4699, explaining your situation and how much time is expected to receive an acknowledgement letter. Also this link on UKBA website states clearly that you continue with your existing stay conditions when you application is under process
Immigration Status when application is in progress. So a search on this forum, and many have asked this same query before.