ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR or SET for my PBS dependant spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ab2012
Newly Registered

FLR or SET for my PBS dependant spouse

Post by ab2012 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:39 pm

I have completed 5 years based on work permit and Tier2 general. My wife has been with me as dependent for more than 2.5 years (She had dependent visa when I had work permit and then she extended with me as PBS dependent). my question is: If I apply on my own for ILR based on the 5-year combination of work permit and Tier 2 general, can my wife then apply for ILR on her own or she would have to apply for FLR(M) then immediately afterwards she applies for ILR?

The reason why I'd like to apply on my own first is that I found it is easy to find an appointment when I book for one person (without adding any dependent), if add a dependent the online booking system wouldn't show any available appointments for the same dates ?!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: FLR or SET for my PBS dependant spouse

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 21, 2012 10:36 pm

Answer:
ab2012 wrote:she would have to apply for FLR(M) then immediately afterwards she applies for ILR
Life isn't fair, but you can be!