ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

email your MP and Deputy PM over proposed changes

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

luna11
Newly Registered

email your MP and Deputy PM over proposed changes

Post by luna11 » Tue May 22, 2012 5:29 pm

I have written to my MP to oppose any changes to the Family route visas such as ILR, FLR, Spouse and fiance visa in relation to maintenance etc. If you want you could do the same.
Also for those with non EU partners who are already in-country, you can write to your MP and ask them to voice for a transitional arrangements for those of us who are already with their loved ones in-country while our partners are waiting to apply for Indefinite Leave To Remain or Further Leave To Remain, that we should be reviewed under the existing rules for ILR and FLR.
All you have to do is write a concise, to the point email, find your MP via writetothem.com and send it to them. MPs work for us and this is the kind of thing they will represent you on.
I have also written to the Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg, as he has alot of influence in his role as Deputy Prime Minister, I really do beleive he is genuinely on our side, as he understand that it is perfectly natural to have partners from outside the UK, as 'His wife is Spanish, his mother was Dutch, his father half-Russian, in the past he has clashed with David Cameron over his proposed immigration cap, also he has clashed with Therasa May over changes to the Human Rights Act, in one of her speeches in the link below she quotes at the end of her speech with a veiled retort to Nick Clegg, saying that no matter what, the Act will be scrapped. Clegg recently emphasised that the Human Rights Act “is here to stay. So he certainly can be a voice for us see link below:-
http://www.mulberryfinch.com/blog/uk-im ... an-rights/

here the link to write to Nick Clegg
http://www.dpm.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/content/contact

when you go on the link scrol down the bar and on subject click the Deputy Prime Ministers office.

charlotterahman

Post by charlotterahman » Tue May 22, 2012 6:14 pm

What affect does an MP have on a visa case? If we were to contact them and they contact the UKBA will it be positive? Does the UKBA respond to MPs and are they concerned for any reason if an MP is involved? Thanks

luna11
Newly Registered

Post by luna11 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:28 pm

charlotterahman wrote:What affect does an MP have on a visa case? If we were to contact them and they contact the UKBA will it be positive? Does the UKBA respond to MPs and are they concerned for any reason if an MP is involved? Thanks
Hi sorry if my post is not set out clearly, It to oppose immigration changes,
the UK Government has been recommended in a report by the Migration
Advisory Committee, if the MAC report is implemented, the sponsor
i.e. the British born partner, will have to be earning a minimum salary
of between £18,600 and £25,700 when their spouse/partner apply for
their visa.

BritishJustice
Newly Registered

Post by BritishJustice » Wed May 23, 2012 7:08 pm

luna11 wrote:the UK Government has been recommended in a report by the Migration Advisory Committee, if the MAC report is implemented, the sponsor i.e. the British born partner, will have to be earning a minimum salary of between £18,600 and £25,700 when their spouse/partner apply for their visa.
Times are changing, pressures are increasing - and laws and regulations have to change to keep up with that. I will not be writing an objection to it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu May 24, 2012 9:33 am

BritishJustice wrote:
luna11 wrote:the UK Government has been recommended in a report by the Migration Advisory Committee, if the MAC report is implemented, the sponsor i.e. the British born partner, will have to be earning a minimum salary of between £18,600 and £25,700 when their spouse/partner apply for their visa.
Times are changing, pressures are increasing - and laws and regulations have to change to keep up with that. I will not be writing an objection to it.
British Justice...why do I get the feeling that maybe the proposed changes don't affect you? :?

carlyann

Post by carlyann » Thu May 24, 2012 11:40 am

Exactly! Yes I understand that the government has to take extra measures in the current climate to ensure that people do not enter and place an extra burden on public funds - but in reality this is not what these proposals are about. The proposed change to maintenance is way above what is required to live on without recourse to public funds!
Hoping to be reunited soon