ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One of my friends application got refused he wants to appeal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

helix
Newly Registered

One of my friends application got refused he wants to appeal

Post by helix » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:48 pm

One of my friend's received his application refusal due to In-sufficient evidence of earnings criteria, as his slips and employer certificate didn;t match. But my friend had send payslips for last 12 months that from January 2003 to December 2003 and employers tax certificate for year 2003 which comprises of earnings from july 2002 to june 2003 as the financial year in Pakistan is from July to June. he earns 10% more what he earns during july 2002 to july 2003 as company has give 10% salary increase every year.

An early and favorable reply please

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:58 am

sorry to hear about the result for your friend. It seems that HSMP team wants to remove its backlog asap and due to this they sometimes make mistakes. If they gave you the right of appeal and a form for it, I suggest that you should draft a letter explaining about the situation. REgarding application, reappeal and many more details I suggest you to visit www.ukvisas.gov.uk. Also remember that their is a period (normally 30 days), you have to appeal during this period only. So Hurry up !

nadeem_varsi
Newly Registered

Post by nadeem_varsi » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:38 pm

I got my decision letter today. My approval was rejected for the same reason and they have stated I have a right to appeal. They did not consider my BONUS which I got in my last company, inspite of that being present in the payslip and the bank statement.

Initially I though I would appeal, but I have lost trust in HO. I feel they only want to make money.

I am on WP which got expired on Apr 30, 2004. Can my employer file WP extension as of today Jun 29, 2004? If yes within how many days should I file for WP.

Thanks for your reply in advance. -Nads

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:05 pm

I think your employer can file extension its very strange that u'r case is rejected.Is the bonus taxed.

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:22 am

If you are already on expired wp then you may face trouble. Ask your employer immediately to file an application on your behalf. They may need to give a clearification to HO on why they did not apply before wp expiry.

Do it asap.

In order to make an appeal, there is no hard an fast procedure, just write them that you are not satisified with the grounds they have given and also write them why they did not include the bonus (if it was shown in taxation) and write them about your disappointment with this decision. They may have missed it and thats why they accept appeals.
Regards,
Afzal

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:26 am

I dont understand y the HSMP caseworkers are so bad in reviewing applications.By doing this they are jsut wasting there time as well as ours.And ofcourse the applicants will defnitely re-appeal if the qualify ?

There is no point in rejecting applications if all the evidence is provided.If not they should ask they to provide more informaiton instead of just rejecting.

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:57 am

ND I agree with you. After a long wait of 4 months or so, even if you are asked for additional documents you won't feel that bad. But complete rejection gives a breakdown. If the reason is genuine its understood but sometimes they give real strange reasons. :x

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:01 am

Yes Roams.If there is a genuine reason thats completely acceptable and also if they does'nt belive the evidences they can as well call to the references or tax office people to clarify instead of rejecting.In the case above they can call to UK tax Office right with the NI Number so they can get complete information about its earnings ?

Before rejecting any case they should try all the possible ways ?

raoms
Member of Standing

Post by raoms » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:10 pm

ND wrote:
Before rejecting any case they should try all the possible ways ?
I don't think they call up the IT office for enquiry. About 1/2 months back there were many posts saying that they were asked for additional documents. But now a days they are rejecting it saying "lack of evidense". Backlogs could be a probable reason for this. Almost from last 2 weeks I did not hear anybody got approval (of course some rejections). :cry:

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:15 pm

ya these days so many rejections.If they think so many people are applying they should increase the points for both below/above 28 and do the right job.

If this continues people will stop believing the HO as well.

nadeem_varsi
Newly Registered

Post by nadeem_varsi » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:49 pm

Afzal Wrote

In order to make an appeal, there is no hard an fast procedure, just write them that you are not satisified with the grounds they have given and also write them why they did not include the bonus (if it was shown in taxation) and write them about your disappointment with this decision. They may have missed it and thats why they accept appeals.

Hi Afzal, Sorry for checking your message after so long. To be very honest I was in touch with the forum but lost my interest once I got the rejection. yes my employer did filed my WP by Jul 1st week and I am awaiting for my WP. I am expectin my WP by Aug end.

The HSMP letter I got from HO states that I do not have enough points but have a right to appeal and the letter is dates as Jun 1st week. Though I got my letter in Jun end. Can I still appeal for my HSMP case once I get my WP by Aug end. As I feel they just calculated my past earning in a hurry without going in detail.

Can somebody let me know if I could appeal for my HSMP case by Aug end though I got my letter in Jun start.

elzeem

Post by elzeem » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:43 am

im send
copy of my employe letter ( regard my salary fro past 12 months )
and past salary for 6 years from my employ only
and im not send tax returen and bank statment
because im not send thy certificates ( tax and bank statment ) im get

refuse
:?

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:10 am

Nadeem,

Well I don't know there is any time limit for appeal, if yes then it may be written on the decision letter that before this date you can do so. Have a quick look over it. I recommend you to send them the letter asap now for their review as their might be some time restriction for appeal. Normally for EC appeal they give one month I just remembered. You better hire a consultant to get it done for you as they can study and help you out with this situation. Best of Luck.

elzeem

Pardon me but whatever you wrote in your last post for this topic is not really related with this topic and you shud add a new post with your questions. Also im is an abbreviation of ? I did not get you completely.
Regards,
Afzal

elzeem

Post by elzeem » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:17 am

im not get refuse
im ask only
im not send tax returen and bank statment
can get approval without send it
thnx

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:30 am

elzeem, please don't misunderstand me but I doubt if anyone understood your post. why don't you clearly write what you want to know ? I personally feel that your post are "murdering" english :lol: . I hope you know that proficiency in english is equally important for getting HSMP. Even if you get the HSMP letter, it could be later rejected at EC stage if they find you weak in english.

nadeem_varsi
Newly Registered

Post by nadeem_varsi » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:01 pm

Does a appeal for HSMP rejection requires passport to be posted to the HO.

Also how much time does it take to get the response for the appeal

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:51 am

Well No, you don't need to send passport for an appeal but the decision letter alongwith your covering letter.

Also, It takes one week to get a reply for an appeal as my friend made one 2 weeks ago and he has been informed that they have accepted the reasons and now re-processing his case with same evidences.
Regards,
Afzal