ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of documents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goobs1084
Newly Registered

Return of documents

Post by goobs1084 » Wed May 23, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi all,

I received my BRP today after applying for a tier 1 (general) extension from a courier. I still haven't received my passport or other documents.

I understand that these are normally delivered by royal mail. Looking through the timelines for tier 1 extensions I see that most people have received their passport before, or at least on the same day, as their BRP.

Is this because most people send a prepaid next day return envelope with their application? When should I expect my passport to arrive?

Many thanks,

Ed

rknshree

Re: Return of documents

Post by rknshree » Wed May 23, 2012 9:06 pm

I think in 4-5 days from ur approval date

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu May 24, 2012 11:19 am

Most people get documents and BRP same day because they include special delivery envelopes. Even if you have not included the envelope, it is UKBA's responsibility to return the documents.

UKBA sends the documents using Royal mail and hence you might get your documents after you receive your BRP.
Give me more Karma (+)