ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO–23/05/12 – Croydon – Bio metrics system down again !!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sap1984
Newly Registered

PEO–23/05/12 – Croydon – Bio metrics system down again !!!

Post by sap1984 » Wed May 23, 2012 7:44 pm

I had my appointment today at 10:30 AM, and here's my experience.

09:15: Reached Lunar house
10:00: Completed security check
10:20: Officer on ground floor validated application form to check if the correct form was used and issued ticket number and instructed to make payment in 1st floor
10:40: Payment made on the first floor and waiting to be called.
11:00: Called by case worker(well not exactly a case worker looked more like a data entry personnel).She asked for token slip, payment receipt, passport, application form and photographs.
She scanned my photos and checked my passport.
11:45: I was called for the biometrics, where I was given a sheet and asked to answer two questions,
1. If I had ever used a different name before to apply for visa ?
2. If I had given biometrics before? If yes, where and which year ? This was during my initial entry clearance before 3 years.
After this my biometrics (finger prints) were taken and a picture was taken as well. I was asked to wait in the central region in the same floor until called again.

14:02: After a long wait my ticket number was called and the guy (a case worker) at the counter collected all the documents ( Forms, Passports, Salary slips, dividend vouchers, Accountant’s letter, Bank statements, P60s, Self assessment Acknowledgement (SA302) and Company formation certificate) and asked me to come after an hour.

15:49: After almost 2 hours I was called by case worker and he gave me the disappointing news that my biometrics results are still awaited and may take 2-3 days ; hence my application was not yet successful. I would receive a call from them when they arrive and I was given two options to either choose to collect my documents when biometrics results arrived or go for the postal option. I was a bit worried about my documents hence chose to collect them myself.
I was given my receipt back which contained the reference number and was asked to keep it safe. In the meanwhile two officers noted down my token number (seemed more like a formality to cool down many others like me who were equally frustrated)

All in all it was a very disappointing experience especially after you pay an extra £300 for the premium service . I had also taken the day off ( thereby losing my contract rate for the day) and not having the results at the end of the day.

A piece of advice for anyone going for PEO at Croydon, TRY HAVING AN EARLY MORNING APPOINTMENT (mine was 10.30 am but others like my friend who had theirs earlier were done by noon).

Anyone having a similar experience on 23rd May Croydon PEO pls share if you receive any updates; would be of great help for unfortunates like me to trace our resp. Applications.

Regards,
Sap1984

psb

Post by psb » Wed May 23, 2012 9:34 pm

I have my PEO appointment this Friday, I dread being turned away empty-handed.

I wonder if I can go early morning to have my biometrics and then have my appointment as scheduled.
Last edited by psb on Wed May 30, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coreadviz
Newly Registered

poll questioni

Post by coreadviz » Wed May 23, 2012 11:33 pm

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed May 23, 2012 11:46 pm

psb wrote:I have my PEO appointment this Friday afternoon at 2pm, I dread being turned away empty-handed.

I wonder if I can go early morning to have my biometrics and then have my appointment as scheduled.
Its not worth at all. Try some other location and an early appointment.

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Thu May 24, 2012 8:12 am

Has anyone noticed that its always the AFTERNOON APPOINTMENTS and its always CROYDON. I think something is fishy with this PEO.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu May 24, 2012 11:21 am

longshift wrote:Has anyone noticed that its always the AFTERNOON APPOINTMENTS and its always CROYDON. I think something is fishy with this PEO.
Ya coz UKBA staff gets liquid lunch from nearby pub :lol:
Give me more Karma (+)

allgo

Post by allgo » Thu May 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Is it only Croydon that is getting affected? I would have thought they use some sort of centralised system for biometrics. fingers crossed.
Did they say how they will let you know when to collect the documents and the result of the application?

Silver090
Newly Registered

Same here !! 23 PEO turned back ...

Post by Silver090 » Thu May 24, 2012 11:35 pm

My recent visit for the tier 1 general for PEO premium service at croydon was a big flop and was turned back home .as a result of their system failure .

The best part of this is :

Fees 1900 Pounds we give for same day service. Having said that they could not even tell us the date when they would be processing the application. They say it could be week or more than 10 days .

Has any one faced the same issue pls share your views and comments as to how do we deal with this ?

sap1984
Newly Registered

Post by sap1984 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:44 am

Finally I received a call from UKBA on 01st Jun 2012 and got my BRP today (07/06/2012).