ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent,,,please guide me

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sahil239
Newly Registered

urgent,,,please guide me

Post by sahil239 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:27 pm

hi everyone
i wirte one time before in this forum but nobody reply me..i hope this time i will get some guidence ,my question is that i want to move to UK permenently ,and i want complete guidence what should i do?
my detail are
1,i am non.EU family member of EU citizen
2.my wife is from Latvia and i have a child also.
3.i am married from 2 years and i am living now in cyprus .
4.i have cyprus residence card.
now i want to know that what should i need from the start from here i.e cyprus to UK.? and when i go to UK what should i need to do? tell me about requirments mainly concerned about me. and last important thing that my wife is not able of working becouse she give birth 1 month ago,,so how its possible to register there in UK and ger FP. please guide me in detail...i will be very gratful

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed May 23, 2012 9:38 pm

I suggest you read EUN02 - EEA Family Permit and EU citizens - rights and responsibilities and EEA Family Permit.

If after reading you would still have questions, feel free to ask.

sahil239
Newly Registered

Post by sahil239 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 am

thanks a lot
so its mean if i fly from cyprus to UK with my wife and baby...i can enter UK on my cyprus residence card or first i must apply for family permit in UKBA in cyprus?
secondly in case i fly directly with residence card i can apply there in UK for family permit or residence card? and for this my wife must have work ,pay taxes etc or there are other ways through which i can apply to UK residence card?
please advise me what happen in UK practicaly...thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 24, 2012 11:28 am

The UK doesn't recognise other member state RC for travel to the UK. However, depending on your nationality you might not need a visa to enter the UK.

If you don’t need a visa to enter the UK, you can just fly and present yourself at the border as a family member of a EEA national.

If you do need a visa, you will need to apply for EEA Family Permit otherwise you won’t be able to board a flight to the UK.

Once in the UK, you can apply for a 5 years Residence Card (probably similar to what you got in Cyprus).

There are several ways to exercise treaty rights. Employment is one of them but your wife can also exercise treaty rights as a student, self employed or self-sufficient (living off savings).

CoolGirl1984
Poland

Post by CoolGirl1984 » Thu May 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Jambo wrote:The UK doesn't recognise other member state RC for travel to the UK. However, depending on your nationality you might not need a visa to enter the UK.

Just a thought.... If UK doesn't recognize RC from other EU countries, how come other countries in EU recognize UK RC? I don't think it makes a full sense...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 24, 2012 3:18 pm

If one drives 100mph on the road, why don't all the other drivers drive 100mph too?

The UK doesn't comply to the directive. Other countries do. The European Commission has already started procedures against the UK on this issue exactly.

sahil239
Newly Registered

Post by sahil239 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:37 pm

so its mean i should go to UKBA office in cyprus before i fly to UK? and i will apply for FP in UKBA? one thing i am not clear that if me and my wife are currently living in cyprus we can apply for family permit here in cyprus? or my wife must go to UK and then exercise treaty right and then apply there in UK for family permit? please clear me this point and also if i had to apply here then what i have to do? i am very delighted and thankful for your reply

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

fp

Post by smallpie » Thu May 24, 2012 7:55 pm

hi,
i think its easier for you to apply for the FP in cyprus b4 travelling to uk.
as long as yr wife is relocating to the uk and to excercise treaty right. and once u get to uk with yr FP, and yr wife starts to excercise her treaty right in the uk(working, studying or self-employed) u can then make application in the uk for RC. try to read up requirements abt applying for FP, frm cyprus.

more also, i have read once in this forum abt a husband(non-eu) travelling to enter the uk with his wife,as a family member of eu nationals, and with a copy of marriage certificate. even tho he managed to board the plane, he was also questioned at the airport, and he mentioned the articles under eu law , and later was granted 6mnths FP at the airport.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 24, 2012 7:55 pm

So I presume your nationality is one that requires visa for the UK even for a visit.

You will need to apply for EEA Family Permit from the BHC. There is no need for your wife to be in the UK first. There is no need for her to have a job in the UK before. All that is required is for her to wish to travel to the UK with her family members. You can travel together.

sahil239
Newly Registered

Post by sahil239 » Fri May 25, 2012 5:21 pm

so its mean when i get family permit ,then go to UK ,,and then there i have to apply for UK residence card?
and tell me on family permit i am allowed to work in UK or not? and secondly when the duration of FP finish then i have to apply for residence card so for RC its required to have work of my wife ,insurance number .bank statement etc or not? thanks for your kindness