ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring family visitors after Citizenship ceremony

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

satsri

Sponsoring family visitors after Citizenship ceremony

Post by satsri » Wed May 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Hello,

I have completed my British ciizenship ceremony lastweek and yet to apply for a British passport.
Meanwhile, Can I invite my parents to UK on visiting visa. If so,

What do I need to state my Nationality in the invitation latter (indian/british)?
Can I submit Certificate of Naturalization as proof of my citizenship instead of passport?

Does it make any sense to submit Indian passport along with certificate explaining the situation.

Thanks
Satsri

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Thu May 24, 2012 8:23 am

After the Citizenship Oath and ceremony, you are classed as British Citizen. Passport is a travel documents and has nothing to do with your citizenship. Although it is generally used as proof of ID and Citizenship.

In the invitation letter you can write that you are a British Citizen.

And you can use Certificate of naturalization as prrof of your citizenship.

Thanks,
The question is... to be or not to be....