ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Courier return address

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

giblet
United States of America

Courier return address

Post by giblet » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:12 pm

I'm looking for the address to have the courier pick up my documents and decision letter. I've seen some addresses listed on here, but I was wondering if it's documented anywhere on the HSMP site. Has anyone seen it on there?

Should I just call my caseworker in the morning?

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:17 am

Can anyone please help with this?

I've written to the general HSMP team and my caseworker. I've gotten four different addresses, and sent FedEx out to pick up three different times. Each time, it was an incorrect address.

For those of you who had a courier pick up your package, where did they go?

Anyone who can supply an address would be much appreciated!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:06 pm

Hi Giblet,
I've written to the general HSMP team and my caseworker. I've gotten four different addresses, and sent FedEx out to pick up three different times. Each time, it was an incorrect address.
This is really surprising !! :shock: :shock:

The HSMP guidance says that in case you wish to arrange for courier pickup, you need to inform HSMP team on Fax: 0114 207 6021 to make necessary arrangements. Have you tried this ???

I am surprised to hear that the address your caseworker gave turned out to be incorrect.

BTW, how come FedEx agreed to pickup without signatures or a UK airway bill ??? I heard that these bigwig courier people have refused in the past due to these 2 constraints.

Let us know what happens. It will be of immense help to all others.

regards

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:16 pm

Yes, I've called the number, and they keep giving me the address that we have to send the courier to, which is the charging center.

FedEx is willing to pickup because I included a bill of shipping that already had an account number and was pre-signed (by me). This means that no one at HSMP has to sign it--they just have to hand it to the courier.

You can make a FedEx account online, all it takes is a credit card.

I just scheduled another pickup with the address my caseworker supplied. It has a PO BOX in it, which FedEx can't actually pick up from, but I figured I would try it anyway.

Will let you know what happens!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:10 pm

Hi Giblet,

Suggest that you send a fax to 0114 207 6021 (the guidance says it is a fax number) and ask them for the following details:
1. Detailed Building address where the packet is ready for courier pickup.
2. Time(s) & date(s) when the packet can be picked up.
3. Caseworker name & contact number / name of person who will handover the package to the courier guy.

Do highlight in the text in the fax that you have been trying to organize for a courier pickup since long with the courier having visited 3 different addresses given by HSMP team, but not even in one instance your application was handed over to the courier.

Receiving "airmail" is a problem anyway in many parts of the world, and if they (HO) start creating such probelms with courier pick-ups, it is nothing but disaster for the applicants.

Keep us posted.

regards

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:43 am

A summary of my attempts so far:

Was given this address over the phone:

7TH FLOOR
FOUNTAIN PRECINCT
BALM GREEN
SHEFFIELD
S1 2JA

I said isn't that the address for the charging office where packages are supposed to be dropped off and not picked up? They said 'oops' and gave me this address:

Home Office
Moorfoot
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S38WA

I tried to have FedEx pick it up, but they said no PO Boxes. So I wrote in again, and was given this address:

HOME OFFICE
PO BOX 3468
SHEFFIELD
S3 8WA

I asked for an address without a PO Box two more times, and I was given this address both times:

HSMP, HOMEOFFICE
PO BOX 4368
SHEFFIELD
S38WA

HSMP, HOMEOFFICE
PO BOX 4368
SHEFFIELD
S38WA

I tried to have FedEx pick it up again anyway, and was told "NO PO BOXES."

So I wrote to my caseworker directly, and was given this address:

HSMP Team
Home Office
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

The same one!

Tried the pickup again. No go.

I was given this address today:

Moorfoot Building
Moorfoot
Sheffield
S1 4PQ

I ordered another pickup for this afternoon (the fourth, now), and am praying it goes through. So far, my email thread with my caseworker and the HSMP customer support team is 34 emails. I'm not kidding, 34 emails.

Luckily my caseworker is amazingly nice. He told me he has his toes crossed that FedEx comes today.

Wish me luck!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:24 pm

Giblet,

Keep us posted on progress. This one is a key issue I guess !!

regards

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:37 pm

Sooo...FedEx picked up yesterday at this address:

Moorfoot Building
Moorfoot
Sheffield
S1 4PQ

Finally! My caseworker wrote me an email to let me know that they finally came, and said "Welcome to England!"

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:58 pm

Just wondering if this "Moorfoot" address is THE ONLY address from where the courier can pickup the documents ?? Or others who have, in the past, arranged for courier pickup were given any address other than the "Moorfoot" also ??

Anyone who got the documents picked up through courier, please comment if you were also given the "Moorfoot" address !!

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:27 pm

Hi,

Out of curiosity, I called up FedEx and DHL to check if I could open an account with them as a retail customer. As per them, this service is available only to organizations / corporate clients in India.

regards