ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unpaid Cheque

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AnieM
Newly Registered

Unpaid Cheque

Post by AnieM » Fri May 25, 2012 7:13 pm

Hello,

I applied for ILR by post on the 11th of May this year, my application was delivered on 14th of May. I received the ack letter on 24th of May which is dated 21st of May. Today my husband checked his bank account and it showed that there were money taken on 24th of May and put back in straight away (Cheque unpaid). The fee was £991 and my husband had money few times covering the fee which is clearly shown on the bank statement. And that totally brought as to panic as my visa expired on the 21st of May. So as I know their next step will be sending me papers back...But I absolutely don't understand any reason for the cheque been bounced and also why it took them so long to clear the cheque and send me letter. Any advices or comments would be greatly appreciated as Im absolutely terrified about what's going to happen next..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 25, 2012 7:17 pm

AnieM wrote:my husband had money few times covering the fee
What do you mean by that? Fluctuating balance - going below 991 quids? Then it is possible that the balance was inadequate when the cheque was presented to the bank for clearing.

That said, see also Invalid application due to payment problems?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

AnieM
Newly Registered

Post by AnieM » Fri May 25, 2012 7:26 pm

I mean that he had at least around £4000 as he just put around £1000 in, but even before it was enough to cover £991

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 25, 2012 7:37 pm

In that case, only the bank can advise you why the check was returned unpaid.

AnieM
Newly Registered

Post by AnieM » Fri May 25, 2012 8:05 pm

we will contact bank tomorrow as soon as possible, but if there any advices what should I do next? I looked through the links you sent, thanks, but does it mean I will have to through the court? Will I have to make another application? Have I applied too late - 10 days prior visa expiration?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 25, 2012 8:09 pm

Under which immigration category have you applied for settlement?

AnieM
Newly Registered

Post by AnieM » Fri May 25, 2012 8:13 pm

spouse of British citizen

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 25, 2012 8:17 pm

SET(M) (288) apparently doesn't require valid leave.

If your application is returned to you as invalid, apply again citing the judgement.
You should be fine.

AnieM
Newly Registered

Post by AnieM » Fri May 25, 2012 8:20 pm

it also stated on the ukba website it takes them 5 days to clear the cheque payment, so if they've received my papers on the 14th of May why they only tried to clear the cheque on 24th of May, which is after the date my visa expired 21st of May and can it be the issue? not even to mention they put my name wrong in ack letter...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 25, 2012 8:23 pm

AnieM wrote:they only tried to clear the cheque on 24th of May, which is after the date my visa expired 21st of May and can it be the issue?
No.

AnieM
Newly Registered

Post by AnieM » Fri May 25, 2012 8:40 pm

thanks for your advices, I will have to wait for them to let me know about what's happening with my application and what's happened with bank payment..It seems like it never ends and my husband can't really understand why we have to go through all this stress even being married for 2 years now.

AnieM
Newly Registered

Post by AnieM » Mon May 28, 2012 3:56 pm

We've been to the bank today and they couldn't really tell us anything apart from they need to see check to say whats was wrong with it, in the letter they send us on Saturday it says - an alteration on the cheque requires your signature...My husband used it many times before and it's never been any issues...
Still didn't hear anything from the HO, is there any ways we could get in touch with them? and arrange another payment? or should I wait till I get all the papers back? It seems to be redicilous that there is no way just to put money in their account and why can't they give a call saying there was a problem with the payment?

AnieM
Newly Registered

Post by AnieM » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:21 pm

Hello again, we are still waiting for home office to get in touch with us or get our documents back. My husband suggests to send them another check, as it says in application that you can send the additional documents on the certain address..but I'm not sure it can work this way..Could anybody please give any advice as living without knowing what's happening with the application and not doing anything about it is very stressful. Thanks in advance.

AnieM
Newly Registered

Post by AnieM » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Hello again,

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with advice one more time...

we received all papers back few weeks ago and application is invalid and it says - "If you still wish to make an application, you must return your fully completed application form with the appropriate fee..." and it also says "the fresh application should be returned"...

So if I understand right I have to download application form and fill it again...but I'm confused whether I have to use up to date form or the version I used when I was applying - which would be from May... And if I use new form do I have to submit new papers too (like bank statements...)

thanks again in advance

mfreidin

Post by mfreidin » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:49 pm

You have to submit fresh application using up to date form and up to date relevant docs.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Use postal order / bank draft this time for fees payment.