ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Success on 24May12, Croydon, My experience

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

viren2k7
Newly Registered

ILR - Success on 24May12, Croydon, My experience

Post by viren2k7 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:17 pm

Hello All

Thanks for contribution information on this forum, it had been of great help in my ILR application success

Appeared for my ILR PEO appointment in Croydon on 24May12 and got the approval same day (Seems like the IT issues were not impacting systems today)

My case: Combination of Work permit and Tier 1 (General)
Current Status: Working through my own limited company, taking salary + dividends

The documents i submitted

(1) SET-O form for self + depandents
(2) 12 Months Salary slips (on my company letter head (black & white printout), My company stamp & My accountant stamped and signed)
(3) Dividend Vouchers - My company stamped and Accountant stamped and signed
(4) 12 Months personal bank statements
(5) 12 Months business bank statements
(6) Reference letter from Accountant giving details of my salary for each month, Dividend Summary and net earnings
(7) Life in UK pass certificates for each adult applying
(8) Marriage certificate
(9) Child birth certificate - Child born in UK
(10) Spouse co-habitation proof - 3 years of Council tax demand notice which has my spouse name as well
(11) A letter from my previous employer with whom i was working till Mar 2011
(12) All P60's (For one year, i only had P45 and for one year, i had a xerox P60. I got a reference letter from HMRC giving details of tax paid for all 5 years)
(13) Original work permit and extension (From 2007 till 2008, after that, i had taken Tier 1 General)

I took other documents but the case worker didn't ask. I gave all photocopies which he was happy about else he had to do a photocopy by himself

- Had an appointment for morning, around 1030
- First payment was taken
- Then initial data entry formalities were done and was asked to go second floor and get biometrics done, which was pretty quick
- Then finally at 1500, called by case worker, took all documents, said, all seems ok. Need to verify earnings and process application which can take about an hour or so.
- Finally got the confirmation of application success at 1600 and was advised that biometric will come by post

NOTE: For two months, I had a discrepancy between the amounts of salary on my bank statements and salary slips. For this, my accountant put a note in the reference letter explaining this, which seems to have worked ok

Thanks to everyone on this forum whose valuable posts are very helpful
Last edited by viren2k7 on Fri May 25, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri May 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience at Croydon PEO!

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat May 26, 2012 9:06 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for your future.

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 29, 2012 2:00 pm

congrats viren2k7

zishi

Post by zishi » Tue May 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Many Congratulations Viren.